What new activities would you like to be added to your cruise

geocruiser

What new activities would you like to be added to your cruise? It could be something like a new game, lecture or a demonstration

I would like to have a suitcase packing demo done by one of Azamara’s trained butlers. Maybe they have a hint on how to get the most out of my packing.

Maria

Hello –

What a Great Idea! Thanks to “geocruiser” and all of you who have been offering these wonderful suggestions to add enrichment and “edutainment” to your Azamara cruise experience. I’ve passed on your ideas to Larry Pimentel and his executive team for their review and consideration.

Also,we will be changing our gift shop supplier in March because of your Cruise Critic comments about the lack of sufficient inventory as well as similar onboard guest comments. Soon you’ll be able to enjoy a greater variety of merchandise and souvenir logo items.

We really appreciate your ideas and advice on adding activities that complement our brand character – they really help deliver on our tag line, “You’ll love where we take you.”

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you Bill for taking the time to read this post and pass the info on to Larry Pimentel and his executive team. I realy do hope that they will have a packing class on board. Anbd I loved some of the other idears that were given.

Happy to hear about new the gift shop supplier. We cruise on the 2/27 cruise. -Mybe we will be lucky and there will be some new things on board then?

Maria

Okay' date=' am I the only nerd? Does Azamara have Sudoku competitions? No groaning or stoning, now. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I don't know that there's a competition. There are printed Sudoku sheets in the library.

• 4 weeks later...

A poster earlier mentioned that one of the activities staff had an interest/specialty and an informal get-together was organised. This sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, depending on the individual. We attended a theatre class which was how can I say, somewhat lacking.......... !! However, kudos to the line for making the most of the talents and interests of the entertainment staff.

Having said that, way back when Azamara launched the Quest, we were on about the third sailing. The cruise director at the time (I'm pretty sure he was italian) was an astronomy buff, and he held a couple of astronomy lectures at 9 pm on a couple of evenings. I am still kicking myself that I didn't make the effort to go as the feedback was very enthusiastic. All the lights on the very top deck were turned off for much better stargazing, and the skies were crystal clear.

AHaving said that, way back when Azamara launched the Quest, we were on about the third sailing. The cruise director at the time (I'm pretty sure he was italian) was an astronomy buff, and he held a couple of astronomy lectures at 9 pm on a couple of evenings. I am still kicking myself that I didn't make the effort to go as the feedback was very enthusiastic. All the lights on the very top deck were turned off for much better stargazing, and the skies were crystal clear.

Hi Ikelmay !

I was on Quest's first 2 sailings. The Cruise Director's name was Andrea Olivieri and I attended his Stargazing lecture. It was one of the highlights of the Cruise. He was an excellent CD, very talented, and he received rave reviews by all. Unfortunately, he left Azamara in Early 2008. I hope he's doing well !

Hello –

What a Great Idea! Thanks to “geocruiser” and all of you who have been offering these wonderful suggestions to add enrichment and “edutainment” to your Azamara cruise experience. I’ve passed on your ideas to Larry Pimentel and his executive team for their review and consideration.

Also,we will be changing our gift shop supplier in March because of your Cruise Critic comments about the lack of sufficient inventory as well as similar onboard guest comments. Soon you’ll be able to enjoy a greater variety of merchandise and souvenir logo items.

We really appreciate your ideas and advice on adding activities that complement our brand character – they really help deliver on our tag line, “You’ll love where we take you.”

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill - many of us "boomers" had fathers and uncles who served in WWII who have now passed on. My father and my DW's father both served in the Pacific (my uncle still serves aboard the USS Arizona). We really would like to go on a cruise that traced their service (from Australia to the Solomon Islands, to Tarawa, Guam, Iwo Jima and finaly to Japan). Princess had this itineary back in 2006 but refuses to repeat it. Please ask management to consider this as a possible special cruise.

Greg Hampton

LTC ® USA

Bill - many of us "boomers" had fathers and uncles who served in WWII who have now passed on. My father and my DW's father both served in the Pacific (my uncle still serves aboard the USS Arizona). We really would like to go on a cruise that traced their service (from Australia to the Solomon Islands, to Tarawa, Guam, Iwo Jima and finaly to Japan). Princess had this itineary back in 2006 but refuses to repeat it. Please ask management to consider this as a possible special cruise.

Greg Hampton

LTC ® USA

What a fantastic idea. Having been deployed on both the USS Tarawa and the USS Guam I would find this very interesting. I have very fond memories of the welcome the USS Tarawa recieved in Fremantle back in the 80's. The Aussies are wonderful hosts. A b2b from Japan to Hawaii might be a good idea as well.

To Col Wes and LTC Greg I hope one day I have the pleasure to render a salute to both of you gentlemen. Thank you for your service.

Regards,

Steve (Sgt USMC)

Hello All –

Here’s an update to all of you who have been responding to “geocruiser’s” initial request of Jan 16th asking for your suggestions for new activities to be added to the Azamara Cruise experience. Last week I forwarded your additional suggestions to Larry Pimentel and his executive team. I’ll keep you updated following their review.

You’re ideas are terrific and we appreciate your allegiance to Azamara.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I really enjoy the "tasting" opportunities. On our previous Azamara cruise, in addition to martini tastings, there were margarita and daiquiri tastings, which were fun. I would love to see a Scotch tasting. Cheese tasting, chocolate tasting, or just samples of food and drink from the region you're cruising would all be appealing to me.

Learning how to do local dances would be a hoot too, although I think it's hard to get people to volunteer for that kind of thing (perhaps a two hour open bar beforehand would help) :D. The CD on our last Azamara cruise pretty much had to beg us to do the cha cha and merengue dance classes, and I'm pretty sure she's still laughing about the spectacle we made of ourselves. Let's just say having two left feet would be an upgrade for us.

I know Dudley would kill for a real live engine tour. I would love to see the crew areas and have a behind-the-scenes look at life on board.

Our upcoming back-to-back 7-day Med itineraries are going to leave us very little time for any activities, but some day, I'd like to try an Azamara cruise with some more sea days, to give us a chance to relax and really enjoy some time on the ship.

I know Dudley would kill for a real live engine tour. I would love to see the crew areas and have a behind-the-scenes look at life on board.

They did an engine room tour on the Journey on both the Oct 22 and Nov 3 sailings. My DH did it and really enjoyed it. Just go to the pursers desk on your embarkation day to inquire if they will be doing it and if so you would like to sign up.

I would love to see Azamara do longer cruises (ala Seabourn). This would allow working people to pick up 7 day legs and we older retirees to pick up longer legs. We recently completed a b2b for 24 days on Azamara, but there are not many upcoming itineraries conducive to this coming up in the future.

I would love to see Azamara do longer cruises (ala Seabourn). This would allow working people to pick up 7 day legs and we older retirees to pick up longer legs. We recently completed a b2b for 24 days on Azamara, but there are not many upcoming itineraries conducive to this coming up in the future.

I believe Azamara is going in the direction of 11 and 10 nights cruises. Put two together and you have 21 days/3 weeks.

On sea days I'd really enjoy coffee hours with different officers and staff with a question and answer session. A couple of lines I've travelled on have this occasional feature and depending on the questions, it has been fascinating to get an insight on how cruise lines operate and life on board.

As a Discoverer member, I think it might also be useful to start varying some of the tastings that are available. Much as I enjoy the wine tasting (and who wouldn't?) it would be good to mix things up. Celebrity's chardonny blending seminar got to somewhat repetitive - but that didn't stop me going of course.

On the repositioning cruises with lots of sea days I would like to see bridge instructors . That would often make a difference whether or not we book the cruise.

Vivian

Our recent Panama Canal cruise had lots of sea days - and a womderful bridge instructor named Fay. We had instruction in the morning and duplicate games in the afternoon. My husband, who is relearning bridge after many years, really enjoyed the lessons.

Archived