Drink Package and Service question

Youngercruisers

So did you carry cash with you... and tip the bartender/waiter every time you ordered a drink? That certainly would increase the cost of my package if I needed to carry a stack of $1 bills with me for tipping!

Did you ever ask a waiter if they got a cut of the 15% paid on the packages? Maybe it was just the bartenders who didn't get any... I'm also wondering if your bartender said "no" so you would tip him extra. LOL Kidding, but it's still a possiblity.

I didn't ask the bartenders anything- it feels kind of like a rude question to me. But I did wonder how the 15% is divided up because I believe the staff do deserve to get their tips and they get less per drink from me on the package than they would if I was ordering a la carte, since I drink more. Does that mean for each drink I order, every staff's tip amount gets smaller? That seems needlessly complicated.

No, I didn't walk around with $1 bills for them- that would have felt weird. At the end of the cruise, I gave envelopes to the bar staff who had taken good care of me. That way, I know they were taken care of. I don't like automatic tipping of any sort, which is why we still do the daily gratuity in cash as well. At least then I know the right people are getting the tips- what they do with it afterward is none of my concern.

Archived