Time for some lighter discussion - topless deck?

gr1634

When is everybody going to jump on us old, pot bellied, hairy eared, sunglass wearing gawkers?

Those seem to congregate at Orient Beach:rolleyes:

I was on the Triumph on Feb 5. Neve made it to the topless deck, since I was with my own kids. But, when we were in Cozumel, a smaller German ship was docked next to us. They had a nude deck. It was at the same level as Camp Carnival.:eek: I think the kids on our cruise got a little sex education!Melissa

The parents of those children would probably be offended if their darlings were exposed to a little nudity. So I say take off the top and tell any parents that don't like it to take their children off of a deck they have no business on in the first place.

Any parents that take their kids up there probably don't care - so take off whatever you want. Maybe they are nudists themselves. Maybe European. Anyway - they are breaking the rules, not you.

God - I hope there isn't one of these decks on Mariner.....with pools, hot tubs, and chairs already to fight over - we don't need anything else!!:p

Gawkers has such a negative conotation (SP). Lets say people who enjoy the beauty, the relaxed atmosphere and comaradierie of the free spirits. Doesn't that sound better? Now for those of you who are truly gawkers - shame on you :)

What's ironic is that the topless deck is visible from the slide on the Conquest class ships (at least it was on the Glory). They are not right next to each other, but with a cheap set of opera glasses, the kiddies could get a good view:D

Ditto on the Spirit class. While on the Miracle last week, I noticed while taking my son up to the water slide entry that anyone with half-decent viision could tell if anyone was on the topless deck (no one was), and with any form of zoom lens, you'd have more than close up view.

Now lets all be careful here. We wouldn't want inadvertent glances by the kiddies from the slide to cause a wave of histeria that would end up closing down the topless deck!!!! I say most everyone knows there is a topless deck so those of you who don't want your little ones to see anything - make sure you keep an eye on them and prevent that from happening. !!!!

the topless deck is great place to hang out and party on the cruise.

So what is correct etiquette for unaccompanied single adult males on the topless deck, other than paying for (and fetching, since the bar staff never come up there) the first round?

So what is correct etiquette for unaccompanied single adult males on the topless deck, other than paying for (and fetching, since the bar staff never come up there) the first round?

I like the idea of going up there and buying a round. On my cruise I got as far as the stairs. I said to myself why go up their if I am only going to gawk and make a fool of myself.

I should have marched up to the funnel deck with purpose knowing what I want and grabbing the gusto. Then going topless myself.

I've been watching this thread, gotta keep abreast on all the replies.:p

ships docked two abreast.

from

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=abreast

"silicone" integrated circuits, and yesterday had a report on "silicon" breast implants

from

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0%2C3858%2C4777408-103683%2C00.html

I definately sun exclusively on the topless deck when I cruise. Had there been anyone under age while I was up there, I would've gone all the way through the chain of command to get them removed permanently from that deck and requested a credit for my trouble. May not have gotten it, but they won't allow me to go to Camp Carnival now will they??

I don't care for tanlines, so I do go nekkid whenever possible up there. Both of us did on the Destiny, but we were alone up there on several occasions :)

The deck is visible from the slide on both the Destiny and Victory, but all you have to do is remember to cover up when you are standing and you won't scar anyone for life ;)

I don't care for tanlines, so I do go nekkid whenever possible up there. Both of us did on the Destiny, but we were alone up there on several occasions :)

So they do allow this?

I was on the 2/12 sailing and went up there a couple of times. it was never crowded and always a nice get away from the crowds by the pool. its right above the basketball court though so the constant sound of a damn basket ball bouncing was annoying to me. its not a large space either really as compared to other ships I have been on. I for one believe that anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to go up there.....a lone male or not..... and anyone under the age of 18 while not supposed to be allowed up there, is their problem and /or mom and dads....... so what if they see "something". mom and dad should know what their kids are doing. I find the topless deck to be a nice place to go to read and nap and catch the sun. any adult male that needs to "gawk" needs to grow up. but also any woman that is uncomfortable if a "single " male is up there may need to re think their need to take off their top. get over yourselves girls.

Hello,

I breast fed all five of my kids not at the same time of course, if the kids up there are anythng like mine, #1 there used to it and # 2 they are saying "WOW

THESE THINGS COME IN DIFFERENT SIZES" Trust me you are more bothered than they are.

Creamer anyone?:D

What's ironic is that the topless deck is visible from the slide on the Conquest class ships (at least it was on the Glory). They are not right next to each other, but with a cheap set of opera glasses, the kiddies could get a good view:D

Hmm...I just booked the Conquest...maybe I need to bring some opera glasses...but wait...I'm going to be the one who's up in the topless deck...

Archived