Best chance to get 2-person table--early or late seating?

TwoCalBears

We had a couple of bad table mates on early cruises, and now get tables for 2 as often as we can.

Another problem with large tables for us it that it takes soooooooo long! We want to be out as quickly as we can, even if we're not doing anything special afterward. If we have bad table mates to boot, it's just torture for us.

]

Years ago we used to ask for tables for 4 or 6 -- and we also got some bad tablemates. And a couple of them would take forever to eat. We like to eat and get out as quickly as possible as well. So we switched to tables for 2.

That refers primarily to TIME. If you're picking a set time and it is waitlisted, Ship Services can override and lock in the time.

Table SIZE for all guests on all cruises is a request basis ONLY. You can ask Ship Services if thwey can help you reserve a specific table (sometimes yes, sometimes they can't) but literally and very truly, the only thing that GUARANTEES you a table for 2 is the "Just For Us" gift package that you can pre-purchase. It's pricy but includes a lot of stuff. It's not for everyone but especially if you're doing a honeymoon or anniversary or a cruise is the only time for "us/we" time, it can be a really good way to go

I know of a couple who also had an SA as we did -- booked the cruise a couple of days after us -- and even their TA in talking with Ship Services could not get the fixed dining time that they wanted. They ended up in Open Seating and were not happy campers.

Thanks for providing the table diagram. We've requested a table for two on our upcoming cruise. We've never been on Holland America before and I was pleased to see where the two person tables were located.

YIKES!...does this mean that my 30 day on the Zaandam, Collectors Cruise Dec 23/11 to Jan 22/12 Sydney to Hong Kong is going to be a floating geriatric ward?:(:eek::(...not that I have ANYTHING against Seniors...I'll be part of that Club soon enough in 20 years time!

We are looking seriously at this same cruise as a back to back (58 day total) starting on Nov 25. We are 52/49 & want a relaxing cruise, but are also concerned about being part of a 70 plus group for that length of time. Should we be concerned?

We are looking seriously at this same cruise as a back to back (58 day total) starting on Nov 25. We are 52/49 & want a relaxing cruise, but are also concerned about being part of a 70 plus group for that length of time. Should we be concerned?

Nope you shoudn't be...doesn't matter what age that is onboard we are 44 and 42 and for sure there is going to be more older people than us as well onboard. Not everyone can get away for a month or more so naturally that will increase the "Clubs Age" on this cruise.

But also bear in mind they are also selling these cruises not only as a Collector Cruise but also 16 day Xmas and New Years so there might be some Aussie Families onboard. I am thinking not that many kids/Families because of the Airfare involved but the Aussie market has been going strong for the past 2 years and it was like this on Princess and RCCL whereby half the ship were Aussie with Families and kids at Xmas time. It's no coincidence that HAL, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, and next year Carnival as well as Cunard are all either placing a call in Australia or relocating ships for months in that market.

Remember this as well, this is a destination cruise so don't let age persuade you in one bit. If I were to be concerned about age I probably wouldn't be choosing HAL and especially on an Exotic sailing at best for 58 days because on Ecotic, Grand Voyages and/or Collector Cruises (B2B) it can be a much older crowd.

I am sure you will have a relaxing and good time if you decide to book the 58 days on the Zaandam and besides we will be there for 30 days so for sure you will have a lively time during 30 days!

Archived