Deck 8 on Explorer

CruisingLover

Hi

We have a cabin reserved for us on Deck 8 on Explorer of the Saes in July. Can anyone tell me what it's like to be so high up? The only decks we have ever stayed on were what used to be known as the "Main Deck". My husband thinks we are going to be too far away from everything but we are traveling with 2 other couples and that was the only deck our TA could get 3 cabins near each other.

By the way, we have cabin #8353.

Hi

We have a cabin reserved for us on Deck 8 on Explorer of the Saes in July. Can anyone tell me what it's like to be so high up? The only decks we have ever stayed on were what used to be known as the "Main Deck". My husband thinks we are going to be too far away from everything but we are traveling with 2 other couples and that was the only deck our TA could get 3 cabins near each other.

By the way, we have cabin #8353.

We sailed on Explorer on May 2004, we also had deck 8th. I do not remember the cabin number but it was mid-ship, anyways you will not be too high up, it was our first cruise and we picked it because it was just about the middle of the ship. Also there are 4 elevators at each end of the main shopping promenade, it has easy access to everything and for being such a big ship the distances are not that far.

We stayed on Deck 8 (8360 & 8362) on the Mariner, it was fine, we were closer to the Windjammer, the pool decks, and the teen areas, did have to walk down a few flights for the dining room. Overall we liked being up higher, next cruise we opted to go up to deck 9.

Archived