Standby Program

crusinpeg

Are you referring to the last minute email list for last minute cruises? I live near a port and am signed up for it. I usually get emails for last minute cruises that are within the next 3-6 weeks but they are for all different ports, not just my home port, so not sure if that's coincidence or part of the program??

I signed up for the StandBy Program a couple of months ago. We were considering adding a Mexican Riviera this year year before our May Coastal if we go a great rate. I know the have been some Flash Promotions on these cruises but I believe that is a different program. I was wondering how this all worked?

I signed up for the StandBy Program a couple of months ago. We were considering adding a Mexican Riviera this year year before our May Coastal if we go a great rate. I know the have been some Flash Promotions on these cruises but I believe that is a different program. I was wondering how this all worked?

It works when they contact you at the last minute (2 weeks or less) and you can grab their bargain. Since they don't contact me I can't tell you how it works.

It works when they contact you at the last minute (2 weeks or less) and you can grab their bargain. Since they don't contact me I can't tell you how it works.

They probably looked at your list of countdown clocks and figured you don't have time to squeeze another one in!

By the way, your reference to the Rome to Singapore cruise in another thread a few days ago got me curious enough to check out the itinerary, which I fell in love with, and then the price, which is actually per diem cheaper than some of the Med cruises on the big girls, and now I'm dead to take a cruise I can't afford either timewise or moneywise. You, madam, are a bad influence.

A couple of weeks ago, we saw an attractive price for the Crown sailing just four days before embarkation. When we called we were told that the ship was sold out and we could be put on the stand-by list if we gave them a refundable deposit of $200 and then we would be called if anything opened up. We opted out.

Maybe not the same thing as the "Standby Program".

We signed up for the "Standby Program" ages ago but like others haven't received an offer yet. I double checked it under the Captain's Circle page & all it said was As soon as deals or information become available that match your preferences, we will contact you!

No further info after selecting our preferences...it's a big mystery! :confused:

We haven't done it for many years, but we used to go to the port, with luggage in hand, and "standby" for sailing that day! I was under the impression that because of 9/11, and homeland security that standby was no longer available,,,,however,,,,on our last Carnival cruise, just last month, we were sitting in the cabin, waiting for the lifeboat drill when our door opened, and a couple, with sign-n-sail card in hand walked in, said "oh, excuse me" and walked out! A few minutes later, the phone rang, and the purser inquired as to who I was. I told him, and he ask what I was doing in that cabin. I told him, truthfully, that I had booked that cabin 6 months ago. He informed me, after a brief wait, that we had been upgraded to a balcony, (it was an inside cabin) but apparently no one told embarkation, and to report to the purser for a new sign-n-sail card/key to our new cabin. I was told that our cabin had been SOLD ON THE PIER! Apparently Carnival, and perhaps Princess have started selling cabins on the day of sailing, on the pier again!

"SKY"

They probably looked at your list of countdown clocks and figured you don't have time to squeeze another one in!

Too funny. :D

By the way, your reference to the Rome to Singapore cruise in another thread a few days ago got me curious enough to check out the itinerary, which I fell in love with, and then the price, which is actually per diem cheaper than some of the Med cruises on the big girls, and now I'm dead to take a cruise I can't afford either timewise or moneywise. You, madam, are a bad influence.

Nice to be a bad influence for something good. Did you book it? Guess I'll find out if you pop into the roll call.

Archived