HMC Cabanas HAL vs Carnival prices

luvslabdogs

Why does HAL charge $100 more for a cabana than Carnival? Both lines use HMC and it my understanding that they both offer the same amenities (floats, snorkel gear, veggies & dip, soda, etc). When a HAL ship and a Carnival ship dock at HMC on the same day, and passengers on both ships rent cabanas, how does HAL justifies the price difference? We will be at HMC on a HAL ship on the same day as a Carnival ship but if we want to rent a cabana, we will be paying $100 more than a Carnival passenger. Doesn't seem fair.

SORRY - seems I was misinformed. After further research, I have found that Carnival ships and HAL ships do not visit HMC at the same time. Two HAL ships may be at HMC on the same day but not a Carnival and a HAL ship. So if there is a difference in cabana price on HAL and Carnival but they don't visit HMC on the same day, I don't mind paying the higher price. Afterall, I am paying a higher price to sail on a HAL ship because I am choosing a different sailing experience than Carnival.

That is correct. Only one cruise line uses HMC on any given day.

Why do HAL cruisers pay more for a cabana? Something I have been wondering about since CCL started to use the island. We'll probably never know. It's $50.00 more, the last reported Carnival price was $249.00

The posted price for on-line booking at CCL was said to be $199. I was told "supply and demand" by people on the HAL board, who don't seem to see that as a problem:confused:

Archived