POM/FLL Question

forthe3boys

Hello! I'm a first time cruiser and was wondering what time I should expect to get off the boat? Itinerary says the boat docks at 6 AM. Our flight does not leave until 530 PM. Was thinking about renting a car from POM and driving up to FLL. Plan to stop somewhere in between to entertain the children. Just needed to know what time I should expect to get off the boat? Also, any ideas on what to do with kids in the Miami/FLL area for the day would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amy

In the past, we have rented a car and did some light shopping. We also drove around miami beach and went to biscayne bay to watch the water. But since you have young ones, you can do the miami seaquarium. DH and I were in our late 20's when we did that and we enjoyed it. We boked through ncl as a port excursion. It included tansportation to the airport.

In the past, we have rented a car and did some light shopping. We also drove around miami beach and went to biscayne bay to watch the water. But since you have young ones, you can do the miami seaquarium. DH and I were in our late 20's when we did that and we enjoyed it. We boked through ncl as a port excursion. It included tansportation to the airport.

To the OP, there are lots of things to do in Miami to entertain children besides visiting the Miami Seaquariam. You can go to MiamiBeach411 that lists great alternatives.

The miami seaquariam is a dump, hasn't even been updated, the only orca left in the tank has been in the same tiny tank for 40 years. They have a couple dolphins that swim around too. Definitely not worth the $!!!! :eek:

Most children that go there are bored or depressed by the conditions of the place!

Have fun on your cruise and trip!!!

:p

Archived