Serenity Age Restrictions

TKDgirl2456

My parents went on a cruise a few months ago & couldn't stop talking about the Serenity area & I can't wait to relax there. I'll be cruising on Carnival Freedom in late May & will be 21 in early June. I've know that you have to be 21 to be there & I've read that the age rule is fairly strict. Do you think the staff will let a few days out of 21 get in the way of some relaxation? Thanks!

I was on the Ecstasy in October and spent all of the at sea days lounging in Serenity - the attendant was pretty much stationed at the towel bar, there weren't any disruptive kiddos, but we were sitting next to a family consisting of 2 sisters and their brother - I thought they were all at least 18-21, but when we started talking to them, we found out that the girls were 14 & 16 and no one told them that they had to leave the entire time we were out there.

Did I have a problem with them there? Absolutely not - they were perfectly behaved, more so than many of the "adults" that were in the area with us.

My opinion, don't bring unneeded attention to yourself and no one will say anything to you about how old you are.

I would love an area like that on Carnival. RCCL has them, and they are 'heaven', with the hottubs jetting out over the ocean. I spent most of my sun/pool time in the adults area.

The smaller Carnival don't have those areas, do they? The two Carnival cruises I took years ago, didn't.

I would love an area like that on Carnival. RCCL has them, and they are 'heaven', with the hottubs jetting out over the ocean. I spent most of my sun/pool time in the adults area.

The smaller Carnival don't have those areas, do they? The two Carnival cruises I took years ago, didn't.

In the last few years Carnival has added as part of the evolutions of fun the Serenity adults only area. The following ships have it so far

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Elation

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Dream

We used it last year on the Sensation. Loved it! Saw a few young people enjoying them. Not sure their age but as others have said as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, you should be fine.

In the last few years Carnival has added as part of the evolutions of fun the Serenity adults only area. The following ships have it so far

Carnival Fantasy

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Elation

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Splendor

Carnival Dream

We used it last year on the Sensation. Loved it! Saw a few young people enjoying them. Not sure their age but as others have said as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, you should be fine.

Fascination and Ecstasy have it, Paradise does not, nor do I think Elation. EM

Pride just had it installed during its dry dock . I was not overwhelmed. It consists of a single lattice barrier with a "serenity area" sign on it.

Just the usual deck chairs behind . Is that it?

Maybe during a summer cruise with tons of kids on,this is fantastic. Perhaps.

Pride just had it installed during its dry dock . I was not overwhelmed. It consists of a single lattice barrier with a "serenity area" sign on it.

Just the usual deck chairs behind . Is that it?

What else were you expecting?

Archived