Lotus Spa VIP thermal suite

tourismtessy

We are sailing on the Ruby this Sunday and I am curious about the thermal suite. We have sailed on Princess 4 times previously and never looked at this option (booked through the spa I think). I was wondering if anyone has used it and whether you think it is worth the money. Description of services and facilities would be great too. Thanks all!

We are sailing on the Ruby this Sunday and I am curious about the thermal suite. We have sailed on Princess 4 times previously and never looked at this option (booked through the spa I think). I was wondering if anyone has used it and whether you think it is worth the money. Description of services and facilities would be great too. Thanks all!

We booked the Thermal Suite package on our last two cruises. Love the saunas and heated stone beds. The the stone beds are so relaxing, I have fallen asleep using them. Luck for us my snoring woke me up and prevented us from missing dinner. :o

If you purchase the package, the spa attendant places a spa sticker on your cruise card. Show your card each time you visit and you'll be assigned a locker and given a locker key to store your things.

The thermal suite has 3 different saunas and several showers. Dry sauna, aromatherpy sauna, and a steam sauna. The tropical rainshower is great! Can't remember what the other was, as I didn't use it.

If this is something you'd enjoy, I say go for it! You'll need to sign up for this package the first day, as the amount of passes per cruise are limited.

We signed up for the thermal suite, also on our last cruise. I think the other shower is a Mint Mist or something like that. The sauna rooms are very relaxing - there are 3 of them - 1 eucalyptus scent with steam, 1 dry room, 1 steam room (very spacious). In addition, there are the heated tile beds mentioned in the above post. We signed up the first day, but I don't think there were many signed up when we were last on the Emerald (1/17/10). It was never crowded down there. In fact, many times we were the only ones. We thought the Thermal Suite was worth the money and will sign up again on our upcoming cruise on the Ruby.

I forgot to mention that the regular ladies locker room/changing facilities also has a steam room and a dry sauna at no additional charge. I tried it once, but the Thermal Suites are much more relaxing. I guess it must be something about going down the steps into a little "grotto" with dim lights makes it more appealing.

We signed up for the Thermal Suite on the Coral for our Alaskan cruise this year. I believe they were running a first day special of $130 a couple for the 7 day cruise. We thought it was worth the money. It was nice to soak up some heat before or after going out in the cool weather. The Coral TS is not on a lower level. One minor issue on our cruise was that the dance instructors had use of the TS and would spend much time on the heated seats reading books. We could still usually find others available but it was a bit of a pain.

I forgot to mention that the regular ladies locker room/changing facilities also has a steam room and a dry sauna at no additional charge. I tried it once, but the Thermal Suites are much more relaxing. I guess it must be something about going down the steps into a little "grotto" with dim lights makes it more appealing.

What ship do you go down the steps to a grotto. Sapphire and caribbean princess the spa area and thermal suites are all on the same level.:confused:

Archived