Our long awaited return to Carnival!

IslandSliderGirl

We're doing the Single Digit Dance today!! :D Woo Hoo....can't wait to experience Carnival again, it's been quite awhile. Have a great day everyone.

Have fun Island Girl! I am still in double digits but know I will have that same excitment in april. Can't wait!

Have fun!!! I like the Imagination a lot...and it has the great slides on the back and the Serenity area :)

Hello Woo Woo Girl, I noticed on another thread that you sailed in PH2 aboard the Imagination. We are sailing on her this Fri, Jan 28 and got the upgrade/upsell fairy call for PH2 and accepted it just like you did. I took thought what the heck, when would we get this op again if ever? ($1212 total for family of four in PH2 was hard to resist ;)) It's a surprise to the rest of my famiy so can't wait to sail! Anyhow, I just wanted to ask you a few q's about PH2 if you don't mind. We are a family of four plus I'm bringing along my nephew and mother in a second cabin along with our newly acquired owner's suite for the weekend.

I was wondering what the sleeping arrangements are other than the king size bed in the owner's suite? Hoping to have my 15 yr old DS, 13 yr old DS and 13 year old nephew all happy in their own beds in the suite with us allowing my mother to go back to a quiet cabin to herself after enjoying the suite all day.

Also, is there is a second bathroom in PH2?

Do you recommend bringing earplugs or is the noise issue not all that bad? Either way we plan on having fun as it's my son's 15th bday;) so it will be like one big party. Plus our anniversary is this upcoming week too so a double celebration.

Any other tips or suggested items to bring along to make our suite even sweeter??? Can't wait!:p

Thanks,

Kim

We're doing the Single Digit Dance today!! :D Woo Hoo....can't wait to experience Carnival again, it's been quite awhile. Have a great day everyone.

Hi IslandSliderGirl, just noticed that we share a few things in common - your ticker is for the same cruise we're taking in a few short days;) and also that we too haven't sailed on Carnival in a long while but looking forward to it.

What are your plans for Nassau? We're in Miami and so the weather is somewhat similiar there and a bit cold for my taste to snorkel which is what I was hoping to do if mother nature cooperated so now exploring other fun things to do. Any thoughts or tips?

Kim

Hi IslandSliderGirl, just noticed that we share a few things in common - your ticker is for the same cruise we're taking in a few short days;) and also that we too haven't sailed on Carnival in a long while but looking forward to it.

What are your plans for Nassau? We're in Miami and so the weather is somewhat similiar there and a bit cold for my taste to snorkel which is what I was hoping to do if mother nature cooperated so now exploring other fun things to do. Any thoughts or tips?

Kim

Kim ~ DH and I are actually going on this cruise with a bunch of 'cruise virgins' and they haven't been able to commit to anything in Nassau yet...LOL!! We have plenty of time, right??!! Needless to say, I think we are going to wing it there. I do know we are planning on hitting Senor Frogs in the evening for a quiet little cocktail ;);)

We have 9 inches of snow on the ground here and it was -2 the other day, your Miami weather is going to be a breath of fresh air for us.

Nine inches, yikes! You guys definitely deserve a tropical break for sure. The weather today is gorgeous here in Miami - blue skies with puffy white clouds and a light breeze with temps in the low 70s. This is my favorite time of year down here for that reason but the water temps are now about 73 or so and I like it more at 78 or above being I'm a native Miamian. My DH is canadian so no stranger to the cold and he's almost cold blooded and adapts to whatever temps be it cold or hot. Should be fun cruising with virgin cruisers being it's like reliving your first cruise and becoming addicted to this form of travel. If you need any directions etc for Miami let me know.

We are probably winging it too which probably is not a bad idea being we will all then get to see how the weather, wind and water temps are before committing to one type of activity. We have a good long time in port so plenty of time to combine a few different things. One of our possible scenarios is taking a water taxi over to Atlantis and just exploring the no charge areas before making a decision as to what we'll do with our day. We might opt to go to Nirvana Beach Bar, a little place about 10-12 outside of Nassau between cable beach and love beach. It apparently has decent food, drinks, water activity rentals and beach access to where there is some decent snorkeling etc Then later we can maybe hit another area closer to port in the evening w/o our kids or just stay back on the ship and enjoy it like a resort. still exploring and looking for ideas;)

After booking I tried looking for a rollcall for this sailing, it's pretty dead sadly. It's always been fun to hook up with fellow CCers at a meet and greet, even if it was a small one because everyone is so gung hu and happy to sail. Anyhow if you find anything good let me know. How many are in your group? We are six - me, my DH, my mother and 3 teens (my two sons and one nephew)

Nine inches, yikes! You guys definitely deserve a tropical break for sure. The weather today is gorgeous here in Miami - blue skies with puffy white clouds and a light breeze with temps in the low 70s. This is my favorite time of year down here for that reason but the water temps are now about 73 or so and I like it more at 78 or above being I'm a native Miamian. My DH is canadian so no stranger to the cold and he's almost cold blooded and adapts to whatever temps be it cold or hot. Should be fun cruising with virgin cruisers being it's like reliving your first cruise and becoming addicted to this form of travel. If you need any directions etc for Miami let me know.

We are probably winging it too which probably is not a bad idea being we will all then get to see how the weather, wind and water temps are before committing to one type of activity. We have a good long time in port so plenty of time to combine a few different things. One of our possible scenarios is taking a water taxi over to Atlantis and just exploring the no charge areas before making a decision as to what we'll do with our day. We might opt to go to Nirvana Beach Bar, a little place about 10-12 outside of Nassau between cable beach and love beach. It apparently has decent food, drinks, water activity rentals and beach access to where there is some decent snorkeling etc Then later we can maybe hit another area closer to port in the evening w/o our kids or just stay back on the ship and enjoy it like a resort. still exploring and looking for ideas;)

After booking I tried looking for a rollcall for this sailing, it's pretty dead sadly. It's always been fun to hook up with fellow CCers at a meet and greet, even if it was a small one because everyone is so gung hu and happy to sail. Anyhow if you find anything good let me know. How many are in your group? We are six - me, my DH, my mother and 3 teens (my two sons and one nephew)

We will all take temps in the 70's...sounds heavenly. I am excited for our friends to experience cruising for the first time. I remember the first time I saw a cruise ship....just couldn't believe!! On this sailing it will me and DH, plus six of our crazy friends ranging in age of 40 to 55. We're a crazy bunch so if you see eight people rolling in the aisle laughing and carrying on....well,that's probably us. :D

The group ideas range from walking around Nassua just taking in the sights and doing souvenir shopping and lunch at a local establishment, to visiting a beach, to a 'booze cruise'.......guess we'll either take a vote or split up. We thought we would figure it out Friday night at dinner....nom nom!!

Hello Woo Woo Girl, I noticed on another thread that you sailed in PH2 aboard the Imagination. We are sailing on her this Fri, Jan 28 ...

My apologies WooWooGirl, I posted this in error to wrong user name. Sorry for bothering you. I found my answers when relooking back at several posts and realizing that your username was on a different post with info I was searching for.

One again I'm sorry:p Kim

We will all take temps in the 70's...sounds heavenly. I am excited for our friends to experience cruising for the first time. I remember the first time I saw a cruise ship....just couldn't believe!! On this sailing it will me and DH, plus six of our crazy friends ranging in age of 40 to 55. We're a crazy bunch so if you see eight people rolling in the aisle laughing and carrying on....well,that's probably us. :D

The group ideas range from walking around Nassua just taking in the sights and doing souvenir shopping and lunch at a local establishment, to visiting a beach, to a 'booze cruise'.......guess we'll either take a vote or split up. We thought we would figure it out Friday night at dinner....nom nom!!

Good Luck, sounds like a blast being sometimes no plans are the best plans for seizing the moment. Hope we do run into you guys at some point. We are all crazy too, good to know others like us will be on board LOL. You'll see us as 40 something couple drinking red wine with three happy trailing teens drinking virgin daquaris accompanied by my 77 year old mother walking with a cane but happy to be aboard for some adventure.

Won't be long now!!!:D Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival definitely won us back!! We had a blast on the Imagination. All the staff was great.....our waiter Mario was just the best and all the ladies enjoyed dancing with him...LOL!! IMHO the food and the food choices were better than we experienced on our last cruise with Norwegian. The ship is in great shape and I can't say enough good things about our experience.

The only thing that dissappointed me was that we were not able to buy future cruise certificates onboard. We were told they don't sell them on Imagiantion but we could purchase them online. Tried that and couldn't find anything so I called Carnival. Was told you can't buy them online but was put through to someone at Special Services who took my information. Was told I would receive a call back for my preferred payment method and I'm still waiting for the call. We are anxious to book another cruise in September. Hopefully we can get the FCC soon so we can move forward with our plans.

I would definitely recommend Carnival to anyone looking to return or book for the first time with them. We are looking forward to more cruises with them.

Archived