HELP-ADVICE from scubagirl or other "been there done that"

happycruizer

I will be taking my 3 Grandchildren on a cruise in early March. Their ages are 10, 8, and 5. What activities would you recommend for our time in Nassau?

I've looked at Atlantis but not sure it's worth the price; especially since most of the river rides, slides have height restrictions which the 5 yr. old will not meet. Same goes for the dolphin/sea lion encounters. Do they strictly adhere to those restrictions?

I've read the posts about hotel day passes and that sounds like a good option. The 10 yr. old [possibly the 8 yr. old also] wants to snorkel but have had very little experience. I'm not really a water person so won't be of much help. Would the snorkeling location at the Sheraton be a good option.......both are very good swimmers. Does BCH have snorkeling? I thought perhaps a few hours at one of the hotels, then the Pirates of Nassau Museum. Also thought about Blackbeard's Cay for the ray interaction......anyone experience with this?

I want this to be a memorable trip for the GC but my head is spinning trying to find something they will all enjoy.:confused:

Have you considered dolphin encounters on blue lagoon island? We're taking our 5 year old there next month. There's no age limit for kissing a dolphin.

The snorkeling is supposed t be rather nice and the ground gradual, so kids can snorkel without going in over their head.

I second the motion for Blue Lagoon. They seem to handle all ages very well. Either the dolphin or sea lion encounter would be great. You didn't say what hours you'll be in port but if you have enough time after the encounter, you can enjoy the rest of the island. I don't think the snorkeling would be very good there but the beach is nice.

The Wyndham has a fun pool slide. I believe if you get a day pass at Sheraton, you can use the Wyndham pool too.

The beach at British Colonial is pretty small and it seems more like an "adult" kind of place. The kids might be bored there.

Enjoy Nassau!

Okay, thanks but I am still confused.

wcurry66, who did you book through? All the info I find about either the dolphin or sea lion encounter say there is an age restriction of 8 yr. old or 48" tall.

CrusinCrow, please elaborate on why snorkeling may not be very good at Blue Lagoon. Thanks for the info on BC.....I delete that as an option this trip.

CrusinCrow, please elaborate on why snorkeling may not be very good at Blue Lagoon. Thanks for the info on BC.....I delete that as an option this trip.

I haven't snorkeled there myself so I can only speak from what I've read here on the board but it sounds like the water in the lagoon is fairly shallow. Hopefully someone who's tried it can be more helpful.

I did do the dolphin encounter and thought it was a great experience. There were a couple of small children in our group and the trainers were great with them. Afterwards, we walked around the island and watched the sea lions playing. They were so cute - I'd love to go back and do the sea lion encounter one day.

Oh how I love these boards. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to answer my ???. We arrive in port at approx. 10 a.m. and will be overnighting so we should have no problem in doing a couple of adventures. Our cruise departs March 4th; will that be the beginning of spring break crowds? If so maybe I need to make my decision/reservations soon.....opinions please.

Archived