Any good trips booked through P&O ?

suebubbles

Hi any good recommendations for any trips booked with azura we are doing grenada curacao st kitts aruba we have had a look on cruise personiliser at the places we can book but would like help with any that you liked or avoided thanks in advance :)

Hi any good recommendations for any trips booked with azura we are doing grenada curacao st kitts aruba we have had a look on cruise personiliser at the places we can book but would like help with any that you liked or avoided thanks in advance :)

Hi, it all depends on what you want to do, you can save a fortune by booking your own trips. I would advise, decide what you want to do at each port, then check out the ports of call forums to find out if a local runs a similar trip. I'm booked on the Azura on 5th March and will be doing my own thing at all the ports mentioned on your post. Please ask if you need any pointers.

Terry

The Cruise lines obviously need a mark up but what they charge is beyond any sense of fairness.

They double dip both ends by no doubt getting discounts by bulk booking with the operators and then marking up around 50% of the going rate you could do yourself.

Maybe if they used their discount they received from tour operators (probably 10-30%) as their margin and added 10-20 % on top of that it would be a fair deal.

I never book with the Cruise ships, I can do it on the net just as easy at a far better price.

With a family of 6 I either have to do it myself or not do shore tours, the tours would cost more than the Cruise if we were not careful.

The Cruise lines obviously need a mark up but what they charge is beyond any sense of fairness.

They double dip both ends by no doubt getting discounts by bulk booking with the operators and then marking up around 50% of the going rate you could do yourself.

Maybe if they used their discount they received from tour operators (probably 10-30%) as their margin and added 10-20 % on top of that it would be a fair deal.

I never book with the Cruise ships, I can do it on the net just as easy at a far better price.

With a family of 6 I either have to do it myself or not do shore tours, the tours would cost more than the Cruise if we were not careful.

Macca46, whilst what you say is generally true it is not the whole story.

A family of 6 can save by touring independantly, and to a lesser degree a couple can as well. However it depends on the trip, last year we did the Bob Marley zion bus trip through P&O, not was is it dearer direct with the operator but we were 30 minutes late back to the ship. As you would expect Oceana did not sail without us.

There are other instances as well, if you travel by taxi and pay admission fees seperately, ie Gun Hill in Barbados, that can work out to be more expensive.

Macca46, whilst what you say is generally true it is not the whole story.

A family of 6 can save by touring independantly, and to a lesser degree a couple can as well. However it depends on the trip, last year we did the Bob Marley zion bus trip through P&O, not was is it dearer direct with the operator but we were 30 minutes late back to the ship. As you would expect Oceana did not sail without us.

There are other instances as well, if you travel by taxi and pay admission fees seperately, ie Gun Hill in Barbados, that can work out to be more expensive.

Not to forget if the ship doesnt call at the port then you will lose any deposit paid to the independent company.

Hi Caryl. In Curacao in December there was a whole fleet of tour buses just near the dock charging US$15 per person for (I think) a two and a half hour tour. We chose the "Happy Bus" with Big Larry driving and really enjoyed the experience. There was a drink included in the price and a visit to the Curacao distillary with free samples. Afterwards we wandered around Willemstad and enjoyed a nice lunch in a Dutch cafe (can't remember the name).

All the best.

Damian

Archived