New Use For Paper Luggage Tag Holders

sashas_mom

Got an email from the company I got these from that they are offering a new use for the luggage tag holders:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html which I think is a great idea! I always put my itinerary in my suitcases just in case they get lost in transit (a tip I got from these boards, by the way ), but this is a great idea. They'll email a form to you that you print yourself with your itinerary folded on the inside and instructions to the baggage handlers on the outside to open it in case your luggage gets lost. I think I'll do this when flying and then switch it to the paper luggage tag before getting on the ship. Also, they suggest putting all your ports on there so the airlines can find you while in transit. The luggage will be sent to you while traveling, instead of them sending it back home.

Got an email from the company I got these from that they are offering a new use for the luggage tag holders:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html which I think is a great idea! I always put my itinerary in my suitcases just in case they get lost in transit (a tip I got from these boards' date=' by the way [/font']), but this is a great idea. They'll email a form to you that you print yourself with your itinerary folded on the inside and instructions to the baggage handlers on the outside to open it in case your luggage gets lost. I think I'll do this when flying and then switch it to the paper luggage tag before getting on the ship. Also, they suggest putting all your ports on there so the airlines can find you while in transit. The luggage will be sent to you while traveling, instead of them sending it back home.

I bought these a month ago when I saw them here on CC. I purchased 2 for each suitcase. One will hold our cruise luggage tag and the other has our name/address on one side and our itinerary on the other. They are great quality and they came fast!

We've used this type for 20 years when traveling that involves flying, hotels, cruises etc. Sometimes it can take a while for your luggage to catch up to you so I have a form I print and insert so anyone who has the luggage can see where we are and on what date. I highly recommend for international travel (the outside is in several different languages).

http://www.magellans.com/store/Gifts_for_Travelers___Save_on_TwoLA316?Args=

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html which I think is a great idea! I always put my itinerary in my suitcases just in case they get lost in transit (a tip I got from these boards' date=' by the way [/font']), but this is a great idea. They'll email a form to you that you print yourself with your itinerary folded on the inside and instructions to the baggage handlers on the outside to open it in case your luggage gets lost. I think I'll do this when flying and then switch it to the paper luggage tag before getting on the ship. Also, they suggest putting all your ports on there so the airlines can find you while in transit. The luggage will be sent to you while traveling, instead of them sending it back home.

Thanks so much for the link!!! Love new travel ideas. Need to go order some now.

We gave up on wasting the money to laminate and just let the porters tag the bags at the pier but these are much more useful!!

I've read some posts on other boards about people worrying about having their itinerary on their bags. I' ve always done this (and I've done 12 cruises), but wonder if you worry about having your itinerary on the bags. Personally, I would rather help the baggage handlers if my luggage gets lost. Besides, it's not that easy to see the itinerary, the tag has to be taken off the luggage, the paper pulled out and unfolded to read what's inside...am I wrong?

Archived