OMG, Upgrade to loft suite.

DW got a call yesterday and was asked if she wanted a no cost upgrade from a GS to a Loft Suite, duh of course. It is for this Sat sailng on the Oasis. Very excited now. Does anyone have any pictures and tell me about the Loft? Thank-you.

Congratulations, what a lovely thing to happen, hope you enjoy your cruise.

Folks thank-youso much for the info and kind words. Dw reminded me last night that we have been upgraded on all 4 of our RCL cruise. Twice from a inside to outside, once outside to bal, now the mother lode. Dw never gets excited but this time she sure is. The GS we had booked was 11254.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Nice Pictures! Can anyone tell me if the elevators that run from deck 17 (Oasis/Allure crown loft suites) are the same elevators that will take you to deck 12? Or do you have to change elevators? It's hard to tell on the deck plans? Friends are staying on deck 12, will they be able to get to deck 17 or do you need a special card? Thanks!

Lucky you! Enjoy the treat. I went on a cabin crawl on the Oasis last year and we toured one. Amazing views. I'd be afraid that I would spend more time in my room than exploring the ship. Which one did they give you?

You must be someone special to always get upgraded. I've only been offered one upgrade and in our eyes it wasn't an upgrade. Inside midship to oceanview very front of the ship. We declined due to the immense waves hitting the window!

Nice Pictures! Can anyone tell me if the elevators that run from deck 17 (Oasis/Allure crown loft suites) are the same elevators that will take you to deck 12? Or do you have to change elevators? It's hard to tell on the deck plans? Friends are staying on deck 12, will they be able to get to deck 17 or do you need a special card? Thanks!

It is the same elevator. The only time that you need a SeaPass card is to unlock the doors leading to the hallways of the loft suites. Usually the doors are closed and locked.

We are in the GS you were in in May. Most of the CL suites are still available. I'm sure due to the high cost. I booked though a TA though so my fear is if I was offered an upgrade they would call her instead of me and she would be unavailable.

Did you book directly though RC? Did you notice the number on the phone? Did it say unavailable?

Thanks Cruisingator2! That will make it simple, the cabins on deck 12 are a few down from the elevator and on the same of the ship as deck 17. Any suggestions for them if they want to come directly to the cabins on 17 regarding the the locked hallway doors !:D! We are a family of ten, it is so much fun!!!

We sailed in two Crowns and the Royal Loft on Oasis in February and you will absolutely love it. Just a note on the pictures earlier in the thread. Those show an ocean view off the balcony; depending on what cabin you're in, you may actually overlook the sports deck rather than being oceanfront. We had one of each -- one of my sisters and her family were in an ocean front Crown loft, the other was in a Crown loft that overlooked the sports deck. We actually found we preferred the latter. You still get to see plenty of the ocean in the sports deck view cabins, as your view extends off the aft of the ship, but it was really neat to watch all the activity on the sports deck, including watching people ride the zip line.

As a prior poster indicated, you can make sure that the others in your party can get into the Loft Suite hallway by having guest services give you an extra key to your room. We did find that the hallway doors were frequently left ajar, but you wouldn't want to take a chance that they would be closed.

Service all over the ship was first rate but the cabin stewards in the loft suites did seem to us to provide especially great service -- by far the best we've ever had on any cruise. They were always around for a question or request; in fact, it became kind of a running joke between my b-i-l and the steward assigned to his suite which one of the them would get to the cabin door first; everytime the steward saw him coming he would race to the door to open it for him.

You are going to have a FABULOUS cruise!

Had a Crown Loft last year on Oasis and a Sky Loft this year on Allure. You will love it and there is nothing to compare. Enjoy.

The Sky Loft is the perfect cabin. We had #1720 on the Allure and it was great. A note to anyone booking a Sky Loft. #1718 is actually a smaller cabin over #1720. We checked it out on turn around day after the guests had left. Could not believe the difference. The Royal Loft is very nice but a waste if you do not have a large group to help enjoy that balcony.

I agree with the other post that the level of service in the loft suites is different than other areas. The room stewards are very well trained and friendly. We had Karen one week and Jesus the next and both were outstanding.

Thanks for all your responses! We ended up going with the ocean view only. This is a really BIG treat for us. My parents are in there early 70's (young at heart) my Dad likes to snooze on the deck so I was leary with

the noise factor coming from the sports deck?? They have no idea that we have this cabin booked for them!!! It does seem like a fun spot to be in!! One more ? ;), is there a lounge on this deck? I thought I read something about breakfast too?

Thanks for all your responses! We ended up going with the ocean view only. This is a really BIG treat for us. My parents are in there early 70's (young at heart) my Dad likes to snooze on the deck so I was leary with

the noise factor coming from the sports deck?? They have no idea that we have this cabin booked for them!!! It does seem like a fun spot to be in!! One more ? ;), is there a lounge on this deck? I thought I read something about breakfast too?

No Concierge lounge on deck seventeen. The only "regular" use lounge on this deck is the Viking Crown lounge. The Concierge lounge is on deck eleven aft just off of the elevators. You can order breakfast and lunch from a menu.

The Sky Loft is the perfect cabin. We had #1720 on the Allure and it was great. A note to anyone booking a Sky Loft. #1718 is actually a smaller cabin over #1720. We checked it out on turn around day after the guests had left. Could not believe the difference. The Royal Loft is very nice but a waste if you do not have a large group to help enjoy that balcony.

I agree with the other post that the level of service in the loft suites is different than other areas. The room stewards are very well trained and friendly. We had Karen one week and Jesus the next and both were outstanding.

Good to hear. We're in 1720 on Allure in a few weeks. We've had the RS before, and I considered it again this time, but I'm looking forward to the people watching and that great deck on 1720. Our son will be on the Flowrider most of the time, so we'll be able to keep an eye on him from the deck. :)

Good to hear. We're in 1720 on Allure in a few weeks. We've had the RS before, and I considered it again this time, but I'm looking forward to the people watching and that great deck on 1720. Our son will be on the Flowrider most of the time, so we'll be able to keep an eye on him from the deck. :)

Very nice balcony on 1720. Great views of the sea and sports deck. Enjoy it. We will back in this cabin next April.

Very nice balcony on 1720. Great views of the sea and sports deck. Enjoy it. We will back in this cabin next April.

The RLS became available this week, and as nice as it looks, I couldn't justify the significant price increase over the SL. The SL should be fun. We'll try not to trash it before you get back :).

The RLS became available this week, and as nice as it looks, I couldn't justify the significant price increase over the SL. The SL should be fun. We'll try not to trash it before you get back :).

You may receive a call (or did you) from RCI offering the Royal Loft for an upgrade. It will come at a cost though. We received a call about four or five days before the cruise and they offered us the RLS for an additional $2500.00. When you factor in what that cabin goes for it was a bargain. We took it.:)

You may receive a call (or did you) from RCI offering the Royal Loft for an upgrade. It will come at a cost though. We received a call about four or five days before the cruise and they offered us the RLS for an additional $2500.00. When you factor in what that cabin goes for it was a bargain. We took it.:)

Haven't gotten a call, our sailing is still about 3 weeks away. The RLS dropped off the list again yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it popped back up. I have my parents in a JS...hoping that they can be upgraded to a GS.

Congratulations, Islahopper. I think I might have gotten your grand suite. After giving us a D+upgrade from a balcony to a JS, they called yesterday with a new upgrade offer. Like you, I didn't hesitate.

Have a wonderful cruise-I know we will.

I'm surprised nobody asked what type cabin they're now in....

they did get a balcony to JS (upgrade), but now got a "new upgrade offer"....you say you took it, but don't say what ya took :) You're leaving us hanging :confused:

Wow! Congrats on your upgrade, that is awesome.

We actually had a GS booked for our Sept. cruise on the Oasis and we have 3 adults in our cabin so we paid for an upgrade to the Crown Loft Suite 1742 because it is an accessible cabin and my DD has MS and it will be easier for her to get around and has a seat in the shower for her. She cannot climb the stairs so they told me it has a lift for people to get upstairs.

MaryEBS - I see you have some pictures of 1742, would you have pictures of the lift to get upstairs? I have search Youtube and all over and cannot find pictures of 1742.

Archived