Future cruise bookings on board for Azamara and Celebrity?

lara68

We will be on the Quest in February. I assume we can book a future Azamara cruise while on board, does anyone know if one can also book a Celebrity cruise while on Azamara?

Hi Lara !

Unless something has changed, I'm fairly certain you can book a Celebrity Cruise onboard Journey or Quest. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Lara !

Unless something has changed, I'm fairly certain you can book a Celebrity Cruise onboard Journey or Quest. Enjoy your Cruise !

Andy

I was told by our agent that you can, as you can the other way with X.

BTW thx for the early look at the schedules. We have been looking at the April Mumbai to Suez trip for quite a while and so we were able to book 1st day the 2nd leg from Suez to Athens same cabin. There was a 3rd leg - Athens to Nice on your schedules, but it never got posted. That was good because 2012 is a big travel year for us and the B2B was already pushing the limits. $2,200 in deposit fees was a bit of a shock. Oh well its a great itinery.

7 weeks to South America with X

Hi Lara !

I would like clarification as I believe Celebrity still has the small $100.00 deposit and OBC for booking on-board.

Andy

\

BTW thx for the early look at the schedules. We have been looking at the April Mumbai to Suez trip for quite a while and so we were able to book 1st day the 2nd leg from Suez to Athens same cabin. \Oh well its a great itinery.

That is a great itinerary. We are going through the Suez Canal this April and there is only one port stop for one day. I see in 2012 the ship will stop 5 days in 4 different ports including Safaga and Jordan. I wish we were going to Safaga this year as we wanted to go to Luxor and Azamara is not including the flight tour from Alexandria to Luxor this year.

I am on Azamara next month. Will the points I get on Azamara count on Celebrity ?

Hi Oceandrive !

I've asked this question, and received conflicting information. It appears the answer is no. According to Celebrity's website, you can only receive credits for sailing on Celebrity effective 1/1/11. However, Azamara's website currently states you will receive credit through April 2011.

After your Azamara sailing, I suggest calling Captains Club, and ask about getting credit. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Here's the language from Celebrity's website :

Tier Credits

Celebrity Cruises makes it possible to earn up to three Captain's Club tier credits per sailing: earn one credit by sailing with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises (effective January 1, 2011, Captain's Club tier credits can only be earned by sailing with Celebrity Cruises); earn one credit by sailing on an itinerary of 12-nights or longer, including Cruisetours (effective January 1, 2003); and earn one credit by sailing in a Concierge Class stateroom, AquaClass® stateroom, or Suite (effective January 1, 2004).

I am on Azamara next month. Will the points I get on Azamara count on Celebrity ?

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, & Azamara have a reciprocal arrangement with each other, so your AZ points will count on Celebrity.

I was told by an AZ rep that they're using the Celebrity's CC IDNs numbers until April, then they'll be issuing their own numbers. At that time they'll also rename the cabin categories (e.g., Sky Suites will be called Continental Club Suites, etc.) to distinguish them from Celebrity. However, the points will still reciprocate.

We're going on our 1st AZ cruise in March, but were able to apply our CC status to the cruise (that was our deciding factor between choosing AZ or Oceania).

Where are you headed on AZ?

UPDATE:

Just saw Andy's post, so I went Celebrity's site to check it out myself. Here's what they're saying...

"Azamara Club Cruises Note: Through April of 2011, guests who sail on Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises will earn credits towards their memberships in both Le Club Voyage and Captain’s Club, regardless of what brand they sail on. As such, both Le Club Voyage and Captain’s Club members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. In May 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain’s Club program. At that point, guests who sailed on both Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to both programs. Please note: Timing of the above program changes may be subject to change."

Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, & Azamara have a reciprocal arrangement with each other, so your AZ points will count on Celebrity.

I was told by an AZ rep that they're using the Celebrity's CC IDNs numbers until April, then they'll be issuing their own numbers. At that time they'll also rename the cabin categories (e.g., Sky Suites will be called Continental Club Suites, etc.) to distinguish them from Celebrity. However, the points will still reciprocate.

We're going on our 1st AZ cruise in March, but were able to apply our CC status to the cruise (that was our deciding factor between choosing AZ or Oceania).

UPDATE:

Just saw Andy's post, so I went Celebrity's site to check it out myself. Here's what they're saying...

"Azamara Club Cruises Note: Through April of 2011, guests who sail on Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises will earn credits towards their memberships in both Le Club Voyage and Captain’s Club, regardless of what brand they sail on. As such, both Le Club Voyage and Captain’s Club members will enjoy the benefits of their tier levels on both lines. In May 2011, Le Club Voyage credits will be earned separately from the Captain’s Club program. At that point, guests who sailed on both Azamara Club Cruises and Celebrity Cruises, will have all previously earned credits applied to both programs. Please note: Timing of the above program changes may be subject to change."

It would be nice if they gave exact dates for Azamara. What is the cutoff if one starts a cruise in April that ends in May. Will the points transfer to Celebrity Captains Club?

It would be nice if they gave exact dates for Azamara. What is the cutoff if one starts a cruise in April that ends in May. Will the points transfer to Celebrity Captains Club?

That is a good question! The clubs usually go by the sailing date (the date you embark the ship), but someone should double check on that.

UPDATE:

Hi Nuts4pi (& Jade) !

Thanks for your post. I pointed the discrepancy out to Azamara, and they didn't get back to me. Apparantly, the message was received, and the Celebrity website has been updated. From the language on the Captains Club page, they seem to be sticking with the original "through April 2011" comment, so that's great news !

As for the actual cutoff date, as you both stated, it's usually the embark date that matters. I will see if I can get an answer from Azamara. Stay Tuned !

Hi Nuts4pi (& Jade) !

Thanks for your post. I pointed the discrepancy out to Azamara, and they didn't get back to me. Apparantly, the message was received, and the Celebrity website has been updated. From the language on the Captains Club page, they seem to be sticking with the original "through April 2011" comment, so that's great news !

As for the actual cutoff date, as you both stated, it's usually the embark date that matters. I will see if I can get an answer from Azamara. Stay Tuned !

Host Andy, I am looking forward to your response as it affects us. I did speak to someone at Celebrity Captains Club yesterday and they did indicate that no decision was made (or they had no further information), but did seem to think the dates would run through the first week of May, or until the end of the cruises that had begun in April. For Quest at least it would be through the repositioning cruise when Quest ends in Athens for the first European cruise of the season beginning May 6. I hope so!

Archived