thinking of going on a second cruise

sweeper94

I havent been on the boards since my dh,dd,and myself took our cruise back in july of 2010 on the fascination. We enjoyed the ship very much, crew was great, food was great. My 15 yr. old daughter had a blast. However our choice of destinations was not. My fault not carnivals. We went to bahamas,nassau to be exact. Couldnt pay me to go back. My dh was very disappointed with it, as well as myself and my dd. We werent sure we would go on another cruise or not. Well we decided to go again, this time to st. lucia,st. kitts, st. maarten. I just wanted to let everyone know what a big help cruise critic was with supplying me with the in's and out's of cruising. You guys are the best. Hopefully these destinations will be better then the bahamas. Oh and we are going for a balcony this round instead of ov. My husband loved looking out at the ocean with his morning coffee.;)

I havent been on the boards since my dh,dd,and myself took our cruise back in july of 2010 on the fascination. We enjoyed the ship very much, crew was great, food was great. My 15 yr. old daughter had a blast. However our choice of destinations was not. My fault not carnivals. We went to bahamas,nassau to be exact. Couldnt pay me to go back. My dh was very disappointed with it, as well as myself and my dd. We werent sure we would go on another cruise or not. Well we decided to go again, this time to st. lucia,st. kitts, st. maarten. I just wanted to let everyone know what a big help cruise critic was with supplying me with the in's and out's of cruising. You guys are the best. Hopefully these destinations will be better then the bahamas. Oh and we are going for a balcony this round instead of ov. My husband loved looking out at the ocean with his morning coffee.;)

I think you've made a great choice and if your husband loved looking at the ocean from your OV, then he is going to be ga-ga over sitting out on his balconey sipping his brew.

I love St. Maarten and there are some interesting excursions in St. Kitts, but I really didn't like it so much 10 years ago when I was there because it is such a poor, run down island. I've never been to St. Lucia, but would love to go sometime.

My first Carnival cruise was the same as yours--a shorty cruise on Fascination--and my experience was the same. I loved the ship and didn't think much of the Bahamas.

If you liked the cruising part of the cruise experience, you're really going to love a longer cruise to some alternate ports with a balcony cabin.

Love St. Maarten! I would go there for just a destination, it's so beautiful. If you can go as one of your ports, then do it. In the same vicinity, Barbados is great, Martinique is very beautiful (looks like mini-France), St Thomas is great shopping. I love the Eastern Caribbean itinerary better than Western. I have never been to Bahamas, so can't compare to them though.

Archived