Random questions

cgrout78

I am sure that I can look up the answers to these if I try hard enough, but I admit that I feel lazy this morning. Soo

Cafe Promenade...I know they have coffee drinks you can buy, are the prices similar to starbucks or are they quite a bit more? I'm used to paying 3.50-4.50 for a mocha, but if it's more than 5, I'd probably skip it.

Tuxedo rentals...can I arrange this on the ship? I don't think I'll get my husband in someplace to get decent measurements taken before we leave on Saturday, so can we do it on board? He shouldn't need any odd size, he's a pretty average type.

Tips...I didn't pre-pay mine, and I know that I can put them on my card once on board, and they give me slips to put in the envelopes, is that correct? And then I need to find the people the envelopes go to?

Cell phones...I have a droid, if I put it on airplane mode, is that enough to keep the data from adding up? I just want to use it for alarm clock and to tell time.

Last one is odd, and not really cruise related...but for flying, can I have a lip gloss in my pocket, or will that get taken away from me?

Thanks in advance!!!

I can only respond to one question with complete confidence and one with experience on other cruise ships.

Complete confidence: I have traveled many times since the new flight regulations went into effect and I carry a Clinique lip gloss, a lipstick tube, and a Carmex lip balm in a small plastic bag inside my purse. Once I was asked to show TSA the items, he pulled out the bag, glanced at it, and put it back.

Experience: On my previous cruises, I put my Iphone on airplane mode and I turn off Data Roaming. This was the recommendation from AT&T when I called them. I was able to use all functions but Internet, testing, and e-mail. I did not have any unusual charges on my bill.

I am sure that I can look up the answers to these if I try hard enough, but I admit that I feel lazy this morning. Soo

Cafe Promenade...I know they have coffee drinks you can buy, are the prices similar to starbucks or are they quite a bit more? I'm used to paying 3.50-4.50 for a mocha, but if it's more than 5, I'd probably skip it.

Tuxedo rentals...can I arrange this on the ship? I don't think I'll get my husband in someplace to get decent measurements taken before we leave on Saturday, so can we do it on board? He shouldn't need any odd size, he's a pretty average type.

Tips...I didn't pre-pay mine, and I know that I can put them on my card once on board, and they give me slips to put in the envelopes, is that correct? And then I need to find the people the envelopes go to?

Cell phones...I have a droid, if I put it on airplane mode, is that enough to keep the data from adding up? I just want to use it for alarm clock and to tell time.

Last one is odd, and not really cruise related...but for flying, can I have a lip gloss in my pocket, or will that get taken away from me?

Thanks in advance!!!

My wife andI will be on this cruise with you.

The coffee drinks are usually 3-4 dollars.

Ive never rented a tux so I cant answer this one.

Tips can be charged to your seapass once you board and they will give you vouchers to place in the envelopes and hand to the staff.

Airplane mode should be ok with your phone but the battery seems to drain more quickly on a cruise.

You should be ok with a small lip gloss on the plane.

Can't help you with fancy coffees....I don't drink them!

If you decide to pay your tips once onboard, on your account, you will get vouchers and envelopes. You can just leave your envelope for the cabin attendant in the room. You don't HAVE to go searching for the others...they will get the tip with or without the voucher. However, most will find YOU on the last night!!!

You don't want to use your cell phone as a clock ashore. Should there be a difference in local and ship's time, your cell phone will give you local time....you should bring a watch! The ship will give you wake-up calls, if you need them!

If the lip gloss is in a tube, you may bring it. If it's in a "squeeze" container, it's considered "liquid"...you can't bring it, unless it's in your "liquid" bag and is in an under 3 oz container.

Thanks in advance!!!

We got the tux rental on the ship. They sent a person to our cabin to take measurements. The Tux was delivered to our cabin. After the last formal we received a note to have the tux ready for pick up. If you wish it may include formal shoes too.

Diana

Please note: If you prepay your tips, you do not have to hand the voucher to the appropriate person. They will get the tip regardless. The vouchers are for appearance sake, because some people do not want to show up "emptyhanded" to dinner, for example, amid others who are passing out cash tips.

I have an iPhone. First I turn off auto time update, this will keep it on ships time. Then I put it into airplane mode, this will stop any charges. I carry it with me at all times. I plug it in every time I am in the cabin. At night, I plug it in and use it to go to sleep to music - I have an ap that will shut the music down after a set amount of time.

Thanks in advance!!!

Cafe Promenade question: Can't answer, don't drink coffee

Tux rentals: Never rented one

Tips: Yes, they give you envelopes

Cell phones: Don't use as an alarm clock. Mine was giving way off times. Just bring a little alarm clock and a watch.

Lip gloss: put it in the plastic bag with the other carry-on liquids to be safe

Archived