Question RE Checking In

bankerbabe

If I print the separate boarding passes for each member of our party - versus the "all in one" boarding pass that includes everybody - can we check in at different times?

The reason I ask is I was thinking of having the husbands (there are three families traveling together) drop off us wives, the kids, and the luggage at the port while they return the rental cars. Then they can hop on the shuttle or grab a taxi back. Meanwhile, the wives can take the kids and get checked in and just meet the guys on the ship later.

(I'll bring along a notarized letter from the husbands stating that we wives can take the kids out of the country, just in case we get any grief for only having one parent present at check in.)

Or do we all have to check in at the same time?

You could each board separately. But there is at least the chance that the line will be such that the men will be back before you get through the lines.

True - I just want to make sure I have all of my bases covered, though. OCD.

All people using the same credit card for their accounts have to check in together. But if you are using the same card but each have one you could check in separately. EM

I guess I'd better finally order my husband a card on my account then. Dang it - some things I just don't like to share.

I guess I'd better finally order my husband a card on my account then. Dang it - some things I just don't like to share.

Ya know-- if you show up early enough---you could still be waiting to get onboard by the time husbands show up.

Ya know-- if you show up early enough---you could still be waiting to get onboard by the time husbands show up.

We returned our rental car and everyone took the rental car shuttle to the port...

That too is an option - I just figured it would be easier to have three dads hop on a shuttle with only a small carryon each, rather than having 12 people with large suitcases and carryons getting on a shuttle. Not to mention wrangling six kids onto the shuttle and the "are we there yet", "are we there yet", "are we there yet" over and over and over. I can only imagine their excitement level will be through the roof by then.

Plus, if they drop us and the luggage off at the port we can just take the luggage out of the car and hand it to the porter, rather than take it out of the car, put it on the shuttle, take it off of the shuttle.

Yes, I'm overthinking it. Just like everything else :)

Archived