Carnival ships not stopping at Belize News release

katiecat

OK, not to dredge, and dredge and dredge, but: Just what happened with Carnival and the tenders? Is Carnival now stopping in Belize, and if so, how much are they paying per person? I'm glad I'm going (in about a month) on Oceania, and apparently they HAVE been stopping there, so I'm feeling confident I will get to see Belize. I hope so. Although you can't see a lot in one day while on a cruise, there sure seems to be a lot of wonderful things there to see and do, and I would be disappointed if we had to pass it by.

So far, the only port I've missed on a cruise ship is Grand Turk. The captain made 2 passes and decided it was not calm enough to dock. It was disappointing, but of the ports on our itinerary, it was the one I was least excited about.

roothy123, Carnival has been stopping at Belize for nearly a year now. This incident was for a very short period of time. All settled. I haven't a clue what they are paying the tenders per pax. None of my business nor yours. No need to panic over old old news.

roothy123, Carnival has been stopping at Belize for nearly a year now. This incident was for a very short period of time. All settled. I haven't a clue what they are paying the tenders per pax. None of my business nor yours. No need to panic over old old news.

The "old" news is "new" news again. Carnival has recently cancelled several (but not all) scheduled port visits in Belize(including my Legend sailing in March). Port congestion and lack of sufficient tenders is the excuse we were given this year.

The "old" news is "new" news again. Carnival has recently cancelled several (but not all) scheduled port visits in Belize(including my Legend sailing in March). Port congestion and lack of sufficient tenders is the excuse we were given this year.

Yes, but only for certain days when there is heavy port congestion. DW's 2-12-12 Legend cruise IS stopping in Belize. I think the Glory has been affected on a couple of voyages. What's interesting is that both cruisett.com and cruiseportinsider.com port schedules haven't been updated to reflect all th eships that are suppose to be in port on the days the Glory and Legend will miss Belize. And I believe, that on a couple of those dates, another Carnival ship is in port.

this is what I was referring to. I realize the original thread is old.

this is what I was referring to. I realize the original thread is old.

There appears to be times when there are more than 3 ships in Belize on the same day. If Carnival has more than 1 or those ships, it is changing the port of call to Costa Maya. This however only applies to those cruises affected by the heavy ship days. Other itineraries for the same ships and for other Carnival ships in Belize on less traffic days are not affected. If your cruise is affected, you will be notified, and should have been notified already.

is Carnival the only cruiseline doing this?? as far as changing the port if there are too many ships???

we are going on RCL 2/26 and there will be 2 other ships , both carnival i believe when we are there

I havent heard anything about them changing on cancelling,

Archived