Ease of doing laundry onboard Mariner

vlinbin

Had 2 cruises on the Mariner and yes out of the 6 washers and 6 driers I have found 1 or 2 broken but usually fixed with a few days.

Not been a problem to me to use laundry other than some very selfish people who will turn your machine off (opening the door turns it off and they have to push the start again - but dont).

So what I do is sit in there with the laundry - there is a TV in there, or take a book or a laptop.

On our very full Mariner cruise that ended yesterday, there was one ironing board on deck 9 (didn't check other decks). While I do not do laundry on board, I do a bit of touch-up ironing. I noticed that the washing machines were in use every time that I went in to use the iron. Also noticed a couple of people walking up stairs with laundry -- trying to find one that was available.

After 200 nights, you reach Platinum status and get free laundry. Another 200 nights gets you to Titanium, when you also get free drycleaning and a limo to the ship (if you're within 50 miles or fly in).;)

Yet another reason that I need to cruise more. Sadly I am a long ways from Plt still.

On our very full Mariner cruise that ended yesterday, there was one ironing board on deck 9 (didn't check other decks). While I do not do laundry on board, I do a bit of touch-up ironing. I noticed that the washing machines were in use every time that I went in to use the iron. Also noticed a couple of people walking up stairs with laundry -- trying to find one that was available.

Just saw this thread and I can't resist. TC, we were on the same ship, same deck and I used the laundry on deck 9 a few times - there were definitely two ironing boards. I got a kick out of two gentlemen in there, both ironing their shirts at the same time, as their wives had declared it was "their turn". I wish!! What there were NOT, was an abundance of open washers/dryers at any given time. As someone else has posted, it was definitely a 'blood sport'. It became a challenge to see if you could time it right when there might be a machine open (usually at dinner time). Then, by the time I determined that, "yes, eureka, there IS one", & dashed back to my suite - at the far end of the hall, of course - then dashed back, someone else had snuck in and grabbed "my" machine. Drat! I got busy with trivia one day while my wash load was in, and boy did I get a scolding when I went to retrieve it! I was a whole 5 minutes late after it had finished. The fangs definitely came out. It didn't help that people on deck 8 were using deck 9's machines, as theirs were mostly out of order. Next time I'll send it out for the ship to do. :p It was sometimes nasty in there! I took to letting it hang-dry in the suite, after I finally got something washed. I'm sure our steward had fun with that!:D

Archived