LOBSTER Night - Oasis - 1/20/2011

minn0315

Last night, the 6th night of the Oasis cruise, was the second formal night. Lobster was on the menu. We had ordered and then the Head Waiter appeared at our table just to make small talk. He stated that he thought the lobster tails were small and that we could always order a second one. When the lobster arrived, I thought it was very generous. I estimated 10 to 12 ounces! More than enough! This was sweet, suculent, cold water lobster with drawn butter; a large broccoli floret; carrots and five shrimp in garlic butter. Excellent.

Thank you! One of the items on my to do list was to search some reviews to find out when the formal nights were and which one they served lobster on! We are on a back to back with our friends on the second leg. We were planning on going to some of the specialty restaurants, but did not want to miss the lobster in the MDR.

Last night, the 6th night of the Oasis cruise, was the second formal night. Lobster was on the menu. We had ordered and then the Head Waiter appeared at our table just to make small talk. He stated that he thought the lobster tails were small and that we could always order a second one. When the lobster arrived, I thought it was very generous. I estimated 10 to 12 ounces! More than enough! This was sweet, suculent, cold water lobster with drawn butter; a large broccoli floret; carrots and five shrimp in garlic butter. Excellent.

10-12 oz. is a large lobster tail.

I was there that night and they were bigger then I remember on the Freedom but more like 5 oz. I too had 5 of them. Mine were just slightly overcooked which is typical of a MDR cruise lobster tail. I think they sit under warmers and get rubbery. But still very good. We ate in the MDR all 7 nigths and never had a bad meal. Escargo was so good I asked if we would get them again and the next night the waiter brought me 4 orders of escargo and it was not on the menu. We had great service on early seating.

And from my observation on both formal nights it looked like a good 95% did dress to code. But that 5% sure stands out like a sore thumb when they come dressed in regular casual clothes on formal nights. That sure beats Carnivals 60% dress to code and 40% don't!

Archived