Eastern Cruise Compasses - You Ask For It, You Got It

We went to and participated in The Quest game show in 7/09 on Adventure of The Seas. It was a blast! Not for young children. If you have mature pre-teens and you are not easily offended, I would treat it as PG-13, otherwise older. That's a reason they make it later at night I'm sure. The whole audience is involved, broken into teams with a captain, and they ask the audience/teams to come up with some crazy things, sometimes a little naughty. Alot of fun :D

Edited by Smileeface

These are exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for uploading all of them. It's great to see the one just for the 18+ crowd since both of my kids are now in that age category. Also, I believe we'll be using the Luggage Valet service this time around, so this Cubs Fan thanks you very much. :D

Trying to decide which nights are best for booking the shows and restaurants is stressing me out. This helps a lot.

I would treat it as PG-13, otherwise older. That's a reason they make it later at night I'm sure. The whole audience is involved, broken into teams with a captain, and they ask the audience/teams to come up with some crazy things, sometimes a little naughty. Alot of fun :D

No, no, and No! Most cruises they tell you 18 and up, and while you may not care because your kids are special and so advanced, the rest of us don't want to feel inhibited with kids in the room. There are a lot of better places for them to be that they would enjoy more. Leave this for us. We travel on cruises that have kids, but enjoy the times away from them, don't spoil this for us.

No, no, and No! Most cruises they tell you 18 and up, and while you may not care because your kids are special and so advanced, the rest of us don't want to feel inhibited with kids in the room. There are a lot of better places for them to be that they would enjoy more. Leave this for us. We travel on cruises that have kids, but enjoy the times away from them, don't spoil this for us.

I agree. The last two Quest I've been to have been SRO in studio B and inevitably there are a bunch of kids sitting right up in front (I guess they don't want to miss the view of any of that "PG-13" material). Let the adults have the seats and let the adults have some fun without the kiddies.

I'm glad that people are looking at these, makes the effort worthwhile. As one of your crazy, pre-planner, what can I expect types, I always appreciated getting this kind of info so I just wanted to give back a little.

I hope everyone has a great time on there future sailings, I wish I were going back.

question about smart casual night- are men required to wear sportcoats? it's getting tough to pack and keep suitcase under 50 pounds!!!

thanks!

I pretty much went with Dockers and a sportshirt or button down shirt for every night except the formal nights. No jacket required.

• 1 month later...

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info! It's very helpful. I have downloaded them all.

We will be on the ship in late May. It will be wife and I along with 2 sons (14 & 11) - and a little one to come :-). We have been on about 9 cruises (about 5 for the boys), but this is our 2nd on RCCL and first with an expecting wife (she'll be about 20 weeks), so we don't know exactly what to expect, how she will be feeling, etc. , but we are very much looking forward to the allure. From what I have read, there is lots to do for everyone so the boys can have fun and wife can relax if she like. We wanted a grand suite, but they didn't have any available when we booked so we went with the crown loft. We are very excited about this one - it may be our last one for a while :-).

Thanks again! This info is very helpful!

So greatful for you posting these. My husband and I are going June 12th so will try and post all of mine once we are at home so future cruisers can compare.

I was told by RCL that formal nights were 2nd and 6th but that the captain had the option to change those nights to something different.

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much for this. I just have one question...I was told formal nights were day 2 and day 5, but according to the Compass, it is day 6. Do you think it is always on Day 6 of the Eastern route?

I spoke with a lady helping me book chops via phone since I was having problems online (sold Out!) and she said remember your formal nights are going to be day 2 and 6. Im on the Allure Eastern

• 3 weeks later...
Below are links to the cruise Compasses and more from the January 9th Sailing.

Enjoy!

Day_1_Compass

Day_2_Compass

Day_3_Compass

Day_4_Compass

Day_5_Compass

Day_6_Compass

Day_7_Compass

18.20+_Weekly_Planner

As_You_Depart

Luggage_Valet

Thanks for these... exactly what I was looking for.

RA

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When it says "no short pants" are these for formal nights? Can you wear nice shorts into the main dining room for dinner? I can understand on formal nights you should have pants, but on the other nights I am assuming the men/boys can wear nice shorts and the girls can wear shorts, capris or dresses?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...