Braiding hair with beads on the ship?

Joaljoe

My daughter has a friend who just came back from Mexico with the braids/beads in her hair. She now wants to know if she can get them done when we go away.

I don't feel too comfortable doing it at the islands because I've heard too many lice stories. Eeeek!!! Even though when I was a kid, I had them done a few times and never got lice. Is it just worse now? Are they not as careful or did I just lucky? haha

I do remember the pain though!!

Does anyone know if Carnival does them on the ships?

Thanks in advance. :)

I have never seen it done on the ships. I've had them done on the islands and so has my sister. Never had a problem, though I can see your concern. Not sure if there is any advice I can give you. Maybe someone knows more or can suggest something.

look into getting it braided before you leave on your trip. Many beauty schools have students who are wonderful braiders and can get it done A LOT cheaper than on the ships or islands.

If you're going on the Glory May 24...holler at me. I'll braid it for ya!

I have had my hair braided lots of time in Mexico. No worries! If you are really concerned, take your own comb.

I have also had my hair braided on the ship. However, I can tell you that it was done much better and way cheaper in Mexico.

You should pay about $1.00 per braid.

My daughter had her hair braided in Nassau two years ago. The lady put so many braids in her hair that it ended up costing $90! Then she had the nerve to say the tip was not included in the amount. When we returned to the Sensation, we found out she could have had the same thing done on the ship for about $25. I learned my lesson and just politely say no thank you to all the women wanting to braid hair in Nassau.

Archived