To hose or not hose?

AmuseMe

I think we are dealing with an "age" related opinion difference here also. I am in the over 50 group & would feel totally in appropriate with out hose for a formal occasion. I guess it is just the way we were taught...like no white or black patten shoes after Labor Day or before Easter. It just seems like something is missing with a short, formal dress & no hose...could be the beautiful legs that all the youger girls can show....Guess the bottom line is what makes YOU feel good...

Sharlenein from Texas,

I am different in that I am a man who dresses as a woman and have been on many cruises crossdressed. My wife, yes I am married and not gay as most crossdressers are married and not gay, does not like hose, shoes, bras, etc. She does look fantastic when dressed especially on the formal nights.

Mel

OMG! lol!

I think we are dealing with an "age" related opinion difference here also. I am in the over 50 group & would feel totally in appropriate with out hose for a formal occasion. I guess it is just the way we were taught...like no white or black patten shoes after Labor Day or before Easter. It just seems like something is missing with a short, formal dress & no hose...could be the beautiful legs that all the youger girls can show....Guess the bottom line is what makes YOU feel good...

I don't know if it's just age, but I'll agree that it might be more what we were taught. I'm 36, and also don't feel comfortable wearing formal wear without hose. I think if my mother saw me dressed formally without them, be the dress long or short, I'd never hear the end of it. So I do it out of habit now. But I try to avoid the dreaded sandals with hose by sticking with closed toe shoes. :D

Sharlenein from Texas,

I am also like you a person who enjoys wearing stockings especially thigh highs. They just feel good on my legs. I am different in that I am a man who dresses as a woman and have been on many cruises crossdressed. My wife, yes I am married and not gay as most crossdressers are married and not gay, does not like hose, shoes, bras, etc. She does look fantastic when dressed especially on the formal nights. My wife and I sponsor cruises primarily for couples where the husbands who are crossdressers have the opportunity to express their inner femininity. Our last cruise was on the Brilliance February 25 when we had 18 couples and our next a transatlantic cruise on October 17.

Mel aka Melanie

melpeg@mindspring.com

Good for you Mel! I once read that something like 30% of married heterosexual men closet cross dress. Do you think there is any validity in that number? I do not think that crossdressing equates to homosexuality.

BlueHerons,

It is probobly true that 30% of all men do crossdress although most never go beyond dressing up in only one or several items of women's clothing such as hose and heels. Only about 3% of all men enjoy dressing up completely as we do on our cruises. The rate of homosexuality is actually lower in men who crossdress as we enjoy and want to emulate women whereas drag queens are usually gay and many mock women. We love women and want to emulate them. We make great husbands - for many wives their wardrobe is expanded. My wife even borrows my clothes.

Mel/Melanie

You go, Melaniepeg!!! Wear what you like and enjoy it fully!!!

I personally looove not having to bother with hose when it's warm. It is a guilty pleasure, as are pedicures, which you MUST have before your trip (and as often as possible!!).

Incidentally, I am so glad I found this 'thread'. I've seen quite a few other places where people seem to be in the mood to 'have it out' with one another.;)

You go, Melaniepeg!!! Wear what you like and enjoy it fully!!!

I personally looove not having to bother with hose when it's warm. It is a guilty pleasure, as are pedicures, which you MUST have before your trip (and as often as possible!!).

Incidentally, I am so glad I found this 'thread'. I've seen quite a few other places where people seem to be in the mood to 'have it out' with one another.;)

Thanks for your comment Caribbean Girl. Unfortunately I had polio at age 4 and one of my legs is atrophied with one foot at size 6 1/2 and the other size 8 1/2. One of the reasons I may like hose - usually thigh highs - is that my legs look better. I would love to be able to wear open toed shoes and sandles that would show sexy looking painted toes. My wife hates hose and shoes.

Mel/Melanie

I hate panty hose! Love the warm weather now because I wear every style of shoe without them. In the winter, I sometimes cave to the pantyhose pains just because it's warmer. But the first buds of spring, and they are gone!. And it doesn't matter whether it is a pump, sandal or loafer. I do concede that some legs/feet are not meant to be bare, and I'd never shun someone for wearing them. I just know what I like and feel that the no-hose look works best for me. I've got ok legs, nice feet and keep them well groomed with pedicures.

(Oh, as for comfort, a little baby powder does wonders for making the shoes feel cool and comfy, especially in the warmer weather with pumps)

Archived