open bar card

sparky.mi

I am with Beth.....I have not heard of it being offered other than with a group. Now that is not to say that it is not a new program that is be trialed.....it is just we have not heard of it so far.

The next question would be what is the length of the cruise they are on? That would be $80 a day for a 5-night cruise.

Dave

• 2 months later...

It is only available to groups of 30 or more people and it is all or nothing. Everyone in the group has to purchase it and Carnival has to approve your group. It is $55 per person per day. So $385 for 7 day cruise.

We have applied for our next cruise **fingers crossed**:D

Royal just started a program like this they are piloting on a couple of ships.

Royal started it on their European cruises to cater to their European customers, who are used to that service on their land vacations.

Most people, when that news release was made by Royal, did not bother to read the entire release.

Just the existence of the program and the various rates, NOT the reasoning for the move in Europe.

Doubtful Royal's Caribbean cruisers will see this program anytime soon.

Bill

I really wish Carnival would offer this for everybody.. not just groups... I would love to have the option.. I know it would be worth while for myself.. then I have my hubby who would not make a dent in it and it is really not worth it... why they limit it to only groups I dunno.. makes no sense.. they monitor everyone's SS card to begin with... why would it be so hard to let those that want this option do it... :D Not everybody travels in groups of 30 or more.. and not everyone in those specific groups drink.. discriminating I thank :p

I really wish Carnival would offer this for everybody.. not just groups... I would love to have the option.. I know it would be worth while for myself.. then I have my hubby who would not make a dent in it and it is really not worth it... why they limit it to only groups I dunno.. makes no sense.. they monitor everyone's SS card to begin with... why would it be so hard to let those that want this option do it... :D Not everybody travels in groups of 30 or more.. and not everyone in those specific groups drink.. discriminating I thank :p

The way I see it :rolleyes:, they will only offer a package that will consistantly show them a profit.. If they offered it to individuals, there are a few of us that they would lose money on.. Most people know what they spend in a day for cocktails.. They do the math, and thus, easy decision on buying the package.. It is not a win, win situation for Carnival..:cool:

Bulldog

The way I see it :rolleyes:, they will only offer a package that will consistantly show them a profit.. If they offered it to individuals, there are a few of us that they would lose money on.. Most people know what they spend in a day for cocktails.. They do the math, and thus, easy decision on buying the package.. It is not a win, win situation for Carnival..:cool:

Bulldog

I get ya on that.. but I still think it is discriminating against people that want the card..APPLES TO ORANGES..I know but the soda card is offered to everyone... I think the AI bar card should be as well.. again JMPO:D

I am with Beth.....I have not heard of it being offered other than with a group. Now that is not to say that it is not a new program that is be trialed.....it is just we have not heard of it so far.

The next question would be what is the length of the cruise they are on? That would be $80 a day for a 5-night cruise.

Dave

<slight hijack>

Hey Dave -- Long time no talk...Tammy and I are finally trying out Carnival. Will let you know how we like it. Hope all is well with you and your family.......Karen

<end hijack>

could you get your group together "like with a roll call" and tell carnival we have a group of 30 friends... we would like to sign up for the drink card, but will be booking at different times...have a group name?

could you get your group together "like with a roll call" and tell carnival we have a group of 30 friends... we would like to sign up for the drink card, but will be booking at different times...have a group name?

Nice try;) They all have to be booked through the same group booking number.

All you have to do is find a group that is doing it and ask to book under them. Most groups that have this have plenty of cabins open because they want to make sure they have and keep their minimum 30 people. We have applied for it on our next criuse and are looking very forward to it.

Good luck!

Archived