Best seafood on the east coast?

Loucat

Chen Rio. $50 for a huge awesome seafood platter that had lobster tails, assorted fish filets, shrimp, salad, rice, fries and bread...it fed 4 of us and was delicious! Plus it's a beautiful setting eating right on the beach and there's a great little cove for swimming nearby afterwards. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Playa Bonita and Chen Rio are both great, casual restaurants with nice bach areas. Mescalito's and Coconuts don't have great food, in my experience, but if you like a party atmosphere they have their attractions.

The whole fried fish and ceviche at Playa Bonita are pretty impressive. Chen Rio is also wonderful, and we've had great tacos there, but I would avoid food products other than chips and salsa at Mescalito's (only because they seem to have decided to make their way as a drunken cruise ship passengers' stop). But then, my review is a year old, so who can say?

The whole fried fish and ceviche at Playa Bonita are pretty impressive. Chen Rio is also wonderful, and we've had great tacos there, but I would avoid food products other than chips and salsa at Mescalito's (only because they seem to have decided to make their way as a drunken cruise ship passengers' stop). But then, my review is a year old, so who can say?

Sounds like Chen Rio or Playa Bonita are good. I will look at the map to see where they are. Thanks for your advice!

Archived