POA docking in Kauai

shazz43

The banyon tree everyone talks about is in Lahaina Maui not Kauai. Maybe there are banyons in Kauai too but the one most mentioned on CC is Lahaina.

The ship ports in Kauai at Nawiliwili (nah-willy-willy I think is the pronunciation).

Lihue is the name of the town that is close to the port. Not really walking distance but probably only about a 10 minute drive if I remember right.

The banyon tree everyone talks about is in Lahaina Maui not Kauai. Maybe there are banyons in Kauai too but the one most mentioned on CC is Lahaina.

The ship ports in Kauai at Nawiliwili (nah-willy-willy I think is the pronunciation).

Lihue is the name of the town that is close to the port. Not really walking distance but probably only about a 10 minute drive if I remember right.

We are thinking about renting a car for just one day, which means after we return it, we would have a few hours to kill before the ship sails. Is there easy transportation to and from Nawiliwili and Lihue if you don't have a car?

Nancy

We are thinking about renting a car for just one day, which means after we return it, we would have a few hours to kill before the ship sails. Is there easy transportation to and from Nawiliwili and Lihue if you don't have a car?

Nancy

There is a free shuttle that runs between the Anchor Cove Shopping Center and the cruise terminal. (This in in Kauai)

Close! Remember a "W" in the middle of a word is pronounced "V"

Nah-veelee-veelee

Hawaiian alphabet: A,E,I,O,U, H,K,L,M,N,P,W

Vowels pronounced A (ah), E (A), I (ee), O (oh), U (oo)

Now you can impress the locals!!

Bonus points for Humuhumunukunukuapua'a the state fish that every tour guide will ask if anyone knows.

Now back to your thread with apologies :)

Close! Remember a "W" in the middle of a word is pronounced "V"

Nah-veelee-veelee

Hawaiian alphabet: A,E,I,O,U, H,K,L,M,N,P,W

Vowels pronounced A (ah), E (A), I (ee), O (oh), U (oo)

Now you can impress the locals!!

Bonus points for Humuhumunukunukuapua'a the state fish that every tour guide will ask if anyone knows.

Now back to your thread with apologies :)

It only took me 2 cruises to say Humuhumunukunukuapua'a. Now, what's my next excuse to cruise Hawaii:) :)

DT

Archived