What do you think about this...

siki00

Hello...My husband and I have decided to cruise the RCCL Navigator on 4/29/06 (over a year from now). I have been getting quotes from some online sites, as well as from a TA near my home. Today I get a quote (from an online site) and the TA tells me that I better book as soon as possible because space is limited. I asked her why and this was her response:

"We found that for this year a lot of the sailings are sold out months in advance. This will continue in 2006. I assume that the Navigator has large groups for the sailings I checked of April and May 2006. Companies are hosting seminars at sea and other activities."

I'm not sure what to think about this because I haven't heard this from any of the other TA's. Do you think she is just telling me this so I'll book through her? I plan on booking soon anyway, but I don't want to deal with someone who is not be completely honest.

Thanks for any opinions. smiley.gif

Certain sailings do sell out quite fast. Spring break is one of those times. But I dont know when Easter is next year. If this date falls a week or two after easter I think you will be fine and wont have to rush into anything. Your agent may have their dates confused.

The only categories that have sold out are the family suites and family staterooms (they always go first). I think the TA was using the "better book now or you'll lose out" line. The rates are still very low for that sailing, making this a great time to book and get your first choice of stateroom. But I'd look for an honest TA.

"We found that for this year a lot of the sailings are sold out months in advance. This will continue in 2006. I assume that the Navigator has large groups for the sailings I checked of April and May 2006. Companies are hosting seminars at sea and other activities."

I'm not sure what to think about this because I haven't heard this from any of the other TA's. Do you think she is just telling me this so I'll book through her? I plan on booking soon anyway, but I don't want to deal with someone who is not be completely honest.

Whether or not your particular sailing is selling out, I don't know. I do know that the TA is correct saying that sailing are filling fast. I have a group on an RCI ship for October that we booked April of last year. October is not a usual time for ships to sell out far in advance but this particular sailing has no more group space left and no more triple or quad cabins. Double space is very limited.

I recently checked group space for a nother client looking to travel in February 2006. They want certain category balcony cabins and suites. In order to hold their space, we had to go up several balcony categories and there was no suite space left.

Archived