Outlet for CPAP near bed on Explorer?

njhelena

In the RCCL fleet I think the only ships with outlets by the bed are the Oasis Class. I have a CPAP and bring an extension chord. The first couple of cruises I use to ask the room steward for on and never had any problems. I just bring my own just to be sure. It does not take up much space.

For my hubby we always bring an extension cord... never seen an outlet by the bed... it's always in the most inconvienent spot..:p

If you can't bring one go thru special needs and they will provide one but we like to bring our own

CC

special needs will supply you with distilled water also.

We always bring a 25 ft extension cord and a flat octopus. We plug the octopus cable into the outlet on the desk and plug the ext. cord and camera batteries, etc. into the octopus. The cord runs alongside the wall; I always sleep closest to the balcony door so the cord doesn't run across the center of the room, only along the walls.

For the most part, there are NO outlets whatsoever on the Explorer.

You will needs an extension cord and plug it in behind the TV.

The outlets are just about impossible to use. If you have a battery charger that needs to plug in flush against a wall, no can do, as each outlet has a protruberance that makes it impossible to do so.

For the most part, there are NO outlets whatsoever on the Explorer.

You will needs an extension cord and plug it in behind the TV.

The outlets are just about impossible to use. If you have a battery charger that needs to plug in flush against a wall, no can do, as each outlet has a protruberance that makes it impossible to do so.

What a bizarre post.

Of course there are outlets.

One pair of outlets is on the vanity.

We take a power strip, plug that into one outlet, and then have all of the outlets that we need.

What a bizarre post.

Of course there are outlets.

One pair of outlets is on the vanity.

We take a power strip, plug that into one outlet, and then have all of the outlets that we need.

My point is they are almost impossible to use without an extension cord.

Most ridiculous design I have ever seen. That is what is bizarre.

I found a picture from our trip on the Indy with the flat screen TV. Here the strip is on the desk and the CPAP extension cord climbs up the desk and is plugged in.

2804788550096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

On ships with the old tube type TVs I put the power strip on the floor and run the heavy duty cable up and behind and under the TV into the desk outlet.

Another picture from our HC cabin on the Explorer in 2008

2315691900096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I always put a small power strip in with my cpap machine. That way I have it when I need it and I don't have to remember to pack it. It also comes in handy because we usually fly down a day early--that way I don't have to try and get one at the hotel.

Hi everyone - DH & I may be booking an inside cabin on Explorer, can anyone tell me if there is an outlet near the bed for his CPAP machine? Thanks very much!

My DH uses a CPAP. I filled out the following form before the cruise. They will make sure my husband has an extension cord and distilled water so we dont have to bring them. :D

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do;jsessionid=00003OD5dXu8kHufxH-mVFzWmYF:15lb93q6o

If the link doesnt work, just go on RCIs website and do a search for special needs form.

Happy cruising!

Hi everyone - DH & I may be booking an inside cabin on Explorer, can anyone tell me if there is an outlet near the bed for his CPAP machine? Thanks very much!

I've read your other replies. I always had special needs provide both the distilled water and an extension cord. They did this with no problem. Here is where my memory gets fuzzy. I thought I remembered they PREFERRED you didn't bring your own extension cord as they provided a heavy duty one and one that isn't in good shape could be a fire hazard.

My memory on that isn't real clear, Its been a few years since I lost 80 pounds and no longer need the CPAP. I do remember the cord being a very heavy duty one, not that the CPAP uses much current, but I could see some guests bringing an undersized, worn cord.

Archived