difference between decks and categories?

juanarcin

I am looking into Mariner of the seas with RC and was looking to get a balcony. After selecting Balcony I saw that there are even more price options based on delux or superior ocean views...When I asked a live chat agent I was told that the difference was that delux is 184sf and superior is 208sf. I cant imagine paying 300 extra bucks for 24 sf more. I want to make the most of my trip and am willing to pay the difference if there actually is a difference...but 24 sf more just doesnt seem to justify an additional 300 dollars. And what about all the in between options? delux varries from 4318-4438, and superior varies between 4418-4638, so I am really trying to understand what I get for that extra money but I cant find the answer. Finally any difference between Decks E and Decks D? I see that D's are higher priced, but again the explination falls under the one above.

OK - the deck of the ship you are on is not determined by D or E. It is determined by the first digit of the cabin number (so cabin 6534 is on deck 6). On Mariner, we really like deck 6 because it is one flight up from the promenade, where you can get a fast snack or coffee. We also like to be closer to the sea. Some people like to be on deck 10 because it is one flight away from the pool and buffet. And others like to be sandwiched in between. Honestly, you can't go wrong on any deck.

A D category cabin is slightly larger than an E category cabin - D has a full sized sofa while E has a loveseat. The number after the D or E seems aribrary, but these depend on other things like location on the deck or capacity of the room.

If you are two people, you'll be fine in a category E cabin. I'd pick one that's as near to the elevator/stair lobby, for convenience sake, because it can be a very long walk down the passageway. As well, a cabin in the middle doesn''t feel the movement or vibrations as much as ones in the very front or very back.

Mariner is our favorite RCI ship - she is beautiful! There are no bad balcony cabins on Mariner, so don't fret too much over your choice.

If you come on over to the Royal Caribbean forum, there's a lot of ship-specific info there.

The higher the deck, the more "pricey" the real estate! (think of penthouse suites!!!) The higher you are, the closer to most of the "fun" stuff.

D's are larger than E's....I think cabin size is important...only JS's and above are even close to "hotel" sized rooms.

Near elevators and stairs is a PLUS!

Pick a deck closest to where you will spend the majority of your daytime hours.

• 1 year later...
I just booked cabin 6534 on the Mariner and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between a D1, D2, and the D3 category I booked.

There are size differences among the three categories. The D1's also have larger balconies and a few sq ft more of cabin space.

Archived