Entrance Fee for Hell?

Mrs Nickle

I was wondering if there is an entrance fee for Hell? If so, how much is it? Is it really anything worth seeing? We are trying to figure out what to do in GC, and we really don't want to see the turtles, stingrays or snorkel. Is a cab ride to Hell expensive? I know, I have a lot of questions, but we are just really unsure of what to do in GC. None of the excursions sound really exciting to us! Are there any other suggestions as to how to spend our time on the island? Thank you!

There's no entrance fee and not much to see except some rocks.

The post office/gift shop also makes for a few photo ops but that's about it. If you want to send someone a post card from "Hell" or just kind of check it out, it's kind of neat, but other then that,there's not much to it.

We hired a taxi to take us around and that just happened to be one of the stops we made. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to see it or make that the official event for the day, but if you are kind of driving around anyway, most taxis will stop there.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to just go to Hell and back, but we paid a taxi cab driver $20.00pp to take us around the island and stopped at several places, including Hell. Afterwards, we just hung out at 7 mile beach for a couple of hours and then headed back to town for some shopping before getting back on the ship.

It's really easy to kind of do your own thing on GC if you are not finding an interesting excursion.

Have fun!

• 4 months later...
You can also get your passport stamped from Hell!!! Just remember to bring it off the the ship with you. Can't wait to do it on our November trip!

We went to Hell last week because we had read that you could get your passport stamped from Hell. A very angry lady at the post office said that only immigration can stamp your passport (I think she probably gets asked this daily). She will only stamp your postcards from Hell...

There was no fee to walk out on the little deck (behind the post office) and snap a few pictures of the "hellish" rock formations. They have some cut-outs of the devil that you can stick your face into for some additional photos. There are 2-3 small gift shops with all of the usuaul touristy stuff you would expect. We spent about 5 minutes there and hopped on the next bus to Seven Mile Beach.

Go in the other direction...away from Hell and visit San Pedro's Castle. This is a restored plantation home. Nice change from the turtles, stingrays and, yes, hell. Also the GC museum downtown interesting. Last time we were there there is was under renovation and not much to see but the docents were so friendly and nice and devoted (they were late teens/early twenty-some) it was worth the $5 each.

Our teens will be so disappointed not to hve the passports stamped in Hell.:( Maybe it was "Mean Lady Day" and a friendlier person will be able to stamp them.:rolleyes:

Do you think going to Hell is another country. Passports are govt. issued, they aren't going to allow just anybody to stamp your passport. Get with the program.

Archived