One more question about fitness room

Mr. Y

Hey Gang!

Just got back from our cruise meeting. Not a lot of questions this year thanks in large part to the gang on the board. I was able to clear things up regarding camping, precaution to take if the ship starts on fire or runs out of power, the eggs benedict and the toilet situation on the deck. But a couple my hosses had a question that I was unable to answer and I am going to ask the gang on the board. So a couple of my hosses was wondering if they would be allowed to train for their next Mixed Martial Arts fight in the fitness center. Their next fight is two weeks after the cruise so they have to stay in tip top shape. These hosses are real tough individuals, they wear affliction shirts and have a couple of tattoos. So do do you think it will be a problem if these guys practice their technique in the fitness room? Sometimes these get pretty intense but they mean well as they work up a huge sweat. These guys know how to work out.

Thanks Gang!

Ive only been on two cruises, so Im no expert but I did spend a fair amount of time on both cruises in the gym. Both ships I was on had a separate room that looks like they would use for classes. On both trips I asked if I could use the room to do mat work (rather than be underfoot in the main part of the gym), and the staff was fine with it each time. The gyms are pretty small, so I would recommend going when there is less traffic.

Hey Gang!

Just got back from our cruise meeting. Not a lot of questions this year thanks in large part to the gang on the board. I was able to clear things up regarding camping, precaution to take if the ship starts on fire or runs out of power, the eggs benedict and the toilet situation on the deck. But a couple my hosses had a question that I was unable to answer and I am going to ask the gang on the board. So a couple of my hosses was wondering if they would be allowed to train for their next Mixed Martial Arts fight in the fitness center. Their next fight is two weeks after the cruise so they have to stay in tip top shape. These hosses are real tough individuals, they wear affliction shirts and have a couple of tattoos. So do do you think it will be a problem if these guys practice their technique in the fitness room? Sometimes these get pretty intense but they mean well as they work up a huge sweat. These guys know how to work out.

Thanks Gang!

Just have them take turns practicing in the pup tent you're going to pitch on the lido.

Thanks Jenn!

I was unaware of the rooms with mats. I am more concern of hosses frightening some people. These two really go at it hard in practice.

I'm not 100% sure all the ships have them- on the Freedom the morning yoga class is done in the center of the fitness room, around all the machines. (It was really really weird...not a situation I enjoy doing yoga in at all!)

I'd say you'd have to talk to the fitness staff... it would be difficult to tell if they were actually fighting or practicing in some cases- MMA gets very violent.

Well probably the best thing to do is find out if they allow whatever you wish to do so it is good that you ask. If other people get upset in the gym you will see them leaving their pup tents to toss their Eggs Benedict at you. :D

Thanks Gang for the input. I will look into the room for my hosses. The gang on the board have been a big help. I know some of you like to have some fun with posts regarding camping and Eggs Benedict, but these are legitimate questions from my hosses. Believe me, if half you gang came down with the runs after eating you eggs benedict you would be asking questions also.

Take Care Gang!

Archived