Help With Room Type Options

JayhawkFans

I have cruised twice in the past but never with my current husband and my daughter. While the size of a balcony stateroom would be adequate for just DH and I, I know it would be too cramped for the 3 of us. I was looking at the suites on the Carnival Magic but not sure that would even work. Is there not such a thing as a "2 room" suite .. one where the bed is separate from the sofa / tv area?

Our daughter is 10 so it's not possible to book separate rooms ..

Any suggestions????

My mom and I took my 14 year old nephew with us in June. He shared the room with us and we were fine. We used the closets and drawers for our clothing and put suitcases under the beds and put souvenirs in them. We did have an aft balcony but Mom, my sister, and I had used an extended balcony room for the 3 of us in the past too. These were both on Spirit class ships.

On the Spirit class ships there are a few suites that have the separate bedroom. I thought the Dream class has the new family cabins....not sure about the separate bedroom, but I know it has more room. We had an ocean suite on a spirit class ship and it was fine as far as space goes (and balcony was larger)....but we didn't have the privacy from our daughter.

We went on the Pride last April and stayed in a standard balcony - myself, husband and our then 8 year old daughter. We made sure to get one of the only (or few) rooms with an upper and the couch (did not convert into a bed). To be honest, we felt that we had plenty of room. She played on the upper majority of the time and that kept her from getting under foot. :D

Once my husband and I stayed in a balcony room with our 7 year old daughter. We had plenty of room. The second family cruise we had a new addition and sailed with our 10 month old and other daughter who was 11 by then. It was a little tight because we had a crib, but we managed. This July we will be sailing with both daughters now 16 and 5 in a standard balcony. I think we'll manage just fine. We looked into the suite, but instead of $3800 it will be $6200, so we are going to make it work, lol!

I have cruised twice in the past but never with my current husband and my daughter. While the size of a balcony stateroom would be adequate for just DH and I, I know it would be too cramped for the 3 of us. I was looking at the suites on the Carnival Magic but not sure that would even work. Is there not such a thing as a "2 room" suite .. one where the bed is separate from the sofa / tv area?

Any suggestions????

In my opinion a balcony room is fine for 3 people and we even had both of our boys in the same room with us. The couch and pulldown we against the wall and made into beds with a clear walkway to the bed and balcony. As for "private" time.....that is why Camp Carnival is so wonderful.

But if you wanted even more room I would book a cabin that can hold 4 so that the bed can be dropped out of the wall and you can still use the couch as a sitting area.

Any suggestions????

I would be glad there aren't 4 or 5 of you booking an interior:rolleyes:

Archived