Suggestions for Good Tacos in Cabo :)

mamakate

I've never been to Cabo and my son really wants to eat authentic tacos while there.

Can anyone suggest a good Taco place that is reasonably priced, family friendly and within walking distance from where you tender?

Thanks so much for the suggestions :).

That is Gordo Leles and is my favorite taco place and cheap too! It is located on the block behind Cabo Wabo right next to the Los Milagros Hotel. I am horrible with street names and directions but ask someone where the hotel is or the Corner Cafe which is right across the street.

Very close to the tender pier is Solomon's Landing right on the marina. Also Taco Loco is ok and very cheap but not nearly as good as the others. It is in the plaza on the street side of Cabo Wabo.

My suggestions for "cruisers" is simply walk down the Marina.

There are so many truly wonderful places to eat in Cabo, it actually might be hard to pick a bad one.

Once off the cruise docks, you will certainly (IMHO) want to hit the Flea Market just off to your left. Lots of treasures and...um...good stuff (...for the guys....at the back of the flea market is a tiny bar that sells beer for $1US...one of the cheapest in all of Cabo!)

Down the marina just a short and very pleasant walk are lots of very good restaurants and cantinas.

Our favorite is Captain Tony's. Great food, very cold beer, free wifi, and a grande view of the marina. Oh...and NO timeshare salespeople.

At some of the others, even the waiters/waitresses will do their best to sell you.

Last March ate at Gordo Leles during a Cabox2 on the Elation. The food itself was wonderful and we went back the next day. This resulted in a very unpleasant experience with Javier. The first day there were several tables full of locals and Javier was friendly and very charming. The next, it was our party of 3 and another couple. He was entirely different - not at all friendly. We ordered almost the same items, and in fact, several items were less expensive on the menu. For reasons known only to him, our bill was higher and he would give no reason why. So, being in a foreign country and not wanting to cause an incident, I paid.FYI, both times I paid in pesos so it was not a conversion issue. Obviously, will never go back and will not recommend to anyone. I hope he has changed his attitude since then.

I ate at Solomans landing last October and had taco special. They were good but I prefer hard shell taco's. My DS ordered some kind of burrito that looked sooooo good. He gave me a bite and I was very envious. I'm heading back there for that burrito. Yum.:p

2010504070040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

The view from our table with the Mariner in the background. The Carnival Spirit was out ship that was behind the Mariner.

2850432600040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

I ate at Solomans landing last October and had taco special. They were good but I prefer hard shell taco's. My DS ordered some kind of burrito that looked sooooo good. He gave me a bite and I was very envious. I'm heading back there for that burrito. Yum.:p

2010504070040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

The view from our table with the Mariner in the background. The Carnival Spirit was out ship that was behind the Mariner.

2850432600040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

You won't find hard shells in Mexico! Lol:) Those are American tacos made famous by Taco Bell. Solomon's does have great tacos though and I love their salsa bar.

You won't find hard shells in Mexico! Lol:) Those are American tacos made famous by Taco Bell. Solomon's does have great tacos though and I love their salsa bar.

We ate hard shell tacos in California many years before Taco Bell was established.

The soft tortilla is all available in this area of Texas, except in this small area which serves ENORMOUS soft tacos and taco bell.

Gordo Lele's is an experience. Do not expect American sanitation practices here. The plates were covered with plastic bags and your food was served on the plastic. New plastic was used for each service.

We did not get food poisoning.

My family prefers soft tacos so that's good to hear ;).

Our favorite is Captain Tony's. Great food, very cold beer, free wifi, and a grande view of the marina. Oh...and NO timeshare salespeople.

Can't beat Cap'n Tony's. Fish tacos and a bucket of beers (Sol). mmmmm.....

Best people watching spot in the the port.

Our favorite place.

I've never been to Cabo and my son really wants to eat authentic tacos while there.

Can anyone suggest a good Taco place that is reasonably priced, family friendly and within walking distance from where you tender?

Thanks so much for the suggestions :).

Can't beat Cap'n Tony's. Fish tacos and a bucket of beers (Sol). mmmmm.....

Best people watching spot in the the port.

Our favorite place.

Another vote for Captain Tony's!! They serve the FRESHEST Fish tacos....yummy! Dh also managed to sample their buckets of beer....he approved..;)

On our 2nd visit to Cabo, we ventured off the beaten track and found a fantastic little taco stand. If you are looking for good, cheap, "street tacos", then we highly recommend "El Gran Pastor"....It seemed to be a very popular spot with the locals too.......sorry I can't give you directions, we just sort of wandered towards Hard Rock Cafe and it was off some side street. Just google it or ask a local.....we can't wait to go back :D

100_0835.jpg.39c082f75a10bf9da36260c73d440402.jpg

100_0943.jpg.55b091beedc639c75a94a1f3b204f118.jpg

100_0946.jpg.4c8b84c697e51bf5f355c53943978459.jpg

100_0933.jpg.33c268381d6c7b6f182b73d70f71dbd4.jpg

100_1756.jpg.d7bb4073ddbea3139e81e89e5dd40b3e.jpg

100_1757.jpg.10c60193eb2e3407af403c1143830d31.jpg

Archived