Beer Questions for the Jewel

RBAlbany

I'm not really sure what brands (I know Bud and Corona), but they do offer beer helmets - buy 5 get one free I think? Different prices for domestic vs imports, can't remember the prices, and no mention of them in the old, old dailies I have. Best I can do sorry - you may have to do that search.

Robin

This had made it's way to the fourth page!! There have to be some fellow beer drinkers out there that want to share their knowledge. ;)

IMG_0829.jpg.2006c9f772b4ed584ae02ef4a6cfa237.jpg

Here's the beers on tap. It was $5.95 plus gratuity for any beer on tap. I couldn't believe it knowing what some of the imports cost us. I ordered a stella - it was in either a 22 oz or 24 oz glass and sure enough that was the price. Buckets of 6 domestic beers were $25 I think, but I can check our receipts. I do believe they'll do 3 and 3 on the bucket if there are two of you who want different beers as well.

They offered a beer tasting too. Was probably $15 but I can check our dailies for you if you like.

We were on her in September and loved our cruise. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Kathy

Thanks for stepping up folks. I can now sleep nights. Six draft choices are good. What bar was the picture from? I assume the pool/deck bars may only have two choices or so. Correct?

It was Maltings Bar on Deck 7 near the french restaurant and next to Shakers Martini bar. I just looked at a picture of the bar area, great outdoors, lido deck, rear of the ship to refresh my memory. I thought they had one tap with heineken and I can see it in my picture. I think Java Cafe had a tap, heineken, as well.

The buckets of beer are in a bucket, guess they stopped buying the helmets. They were a heck of a lot easier to carry. They do attach a bottle opener to the bucket for you as well.

Tip your cabin steward well and that bucket of beer will always have ice on it. Hubby got two buckets. Any evening leftovers our cabin steward would ice down for him in the morning.

They have an even larger selection of beer in bottles at Maltings. There are beers you can get there that you can't get elsewhere on the ship. I know they had Murphy's Irish Stout last Janaury 2010; it's dark like Guiness.

Helmets of Domestic Beer are one price & Imports are more. I don't remember the exact amounts.

DH is a beer drinker but I like martinis & wine. Fortunately the bartender at Maltings recognized what a good customer he had in DH & for our sailing, stashed a bottle of my favorite wine & champagne in his fridge from the champagne bar around the corner so I didn't have to keep getting up to get a refill. :D

Yes == it does pay to befriend your bartenders. They're getting nice tips because you frequent just them and they go out of their way to not only remember what both of you drink, but make sure they have it on hand for you. One of our Carnival Miracle trips they ran out of Coors Light the last day. Hubby had plenty though;)

Archived