60s and 70s Nights

tartanexile81

I've just been checking the P&O website and was really interested to find grids with the dress codes for every cruise this year. This is the link to the one for Oceana https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/oceana_2011_dresscode but all ships and crusies are there.

Anyway my question is how much do people conform to the themes - like 60s and 70s. I'm more than happy to listen to the music from the era and hopefully see a show in the theatre. I could even be tempted to try a Blue Lagoon or Cider and Babycham which I seem to remember were popular in the 70s! BUT do people actually dress up? On the cruises I've done, there's been always been a Black and White formal and I seem to remember a Country and western night which not many people took any notice of. Any thoughts?

Just back off Azura

Didn't see anyone dress for the 60's/70's or the Country and Western, it tends to just be the theme with music,shows and drinks.

Everyone followed the Caribbean party night in dress code and also the black and white formal night which should be the 3rd formal of a 14 night cruise.

Hi tartanexiles 81, thanks for posting about the dress codes. I am new to cruising and found the link very useful regarding our cruise on the Aurora.Dont fancy dressing up in 60/70's clothes though! I have to do that this Sat for a party, and stilll dont know what to wear!! However, the B& W sounds good and we have a Tropical night, presume a grass skirt would do?!!

On all the PandO cruises I have been on, the Formal and the Black and White are strictly adhered to with the Tropical coming a very close follow up, however Country and Western has been practically ignored with regards to dress and the 60's and 70's almost non existant, dress wise.

As someone else has already said, it is more the music in the venues, especially the C&W Line Dancers :-))

Mike

Alison are you on Aurora in April for 21 days? I too was wondering about the 60's/70's night and the country and western and don't mind entering into the spirit of things but don't want to be the only ones doing so.

If I knew lots of people made the effort we would too

Linda

Hi Alison

Might take things to wear and wait and see if others have made the effort first as we are on first sitting so will have plenty of time to change later.

Have you been on Aurora before? This is our first cruise on her - bit worried about having an inside cabin for a three week cruise tbh

Linda

We have only been on one cruise before about 5 years ago which was a med cruise. Its our first time with P&O and we are going to the caribbean. We loved everything about our last cruise but like to keep 'cruising' for special ocassions as its certainly very memorable.

Use the different links on the forum and you will find out a wealth of information.

Hope you have a wonderful time

Linda

On all the PandO cruises I have been on, the Formal and the Black and White are strictly adhered to with the Tropical coming a very close follow up, however Country and Western has been practically ignored with regards to dress and the 60's and 70's almost non existant, dress wise.

As someone else has already said, it is more the music in the venues, especially the C&W Line Dancers :-))

Mike

Agree, no need to worry about the C&W night unless you are going to the line dancing , and the 60/70's unless you feel a great need to dress in a mini skirt.:D

Archived