Prince ALbert II repeat sailors

pjunction

Booked on our second one for this August, after an incredible Antarctica voyage in December 2009. It was also our first SS cruise (which we have since made up for).

Love the PAII and looking forward to the Arctic in a few months! Where were your previous cruises?

My husband and I went to the Arctic in June and the Antarctic in Nov. on the PAII. My husband now thinks the other Silversea ships are too big!! We both loved our time on the ship and have just booked the May 2012 In the Footsteps of the Vikings trip. We'll be repeaters for a long time as there are many other PAII voyages we want to take. The crew is great, the food excellent, the lectures decent and the range of itineraries really attractive. We were so amazed by the number of crew members who came up to us on the first day of the 2nd cruise to say welcome back. Some of them remembered our names and others just our faces but they were so sincere, we were quite touched. I'm looking forward to hearing the comments of other repeaters.

• 2 months later...

My wife and I, along with another couple we met on a X Galop cruise, sailed the PA to Antartica, and also re-booked for this year, in August, for the Arctic

Honestly, we're NOT everyday typical Silverseas pax, and likely never will be, but nevertheless LOVE the PA, the staff, the food (who wouldn't), the on-board Naturalists, but especially the Itin's

I'm not surprised this ship is getting alot of repeat customers, and bringing non-traditional Silversea-eons to the line

PS - Our sailing in Antartica was so-oo relaxed clothes wise, on the 2nd to last day I actually wore my 'Clash' Converse all-stars to lunch, not a word said, in fact 2 staff noticed and complimented my choice of footwear - lol

PSS - One night at dinner, whales surfaced, and dinner was interrupted for about 20-30 min while we all scampered from side to side and up on deck to see the spyhopping, my wife and I kept giggling to each other, how we pax were single-handidly ruining this fine line's decorum reputation - double lol

jc

toronto

We just LOVED LOVED LOVED the PAII. It was our first Silverseas cruise, we has such a great time my husband booked another cruise whilst on board. After the Shadow next month and Cloud cruise in 2012, we will be back on the PAII thats for sure. It goes to some interesting places. :)

Ann

Due to work commitments, we are not going with Lindblad in July as previously planned . Instead, we are now booked with PA II for the Artic on August 12.

We are going with Lindblad to Galapagos August 2012.

My husband and I went to the Arctic in June and the Antarctic in Nov. on the PAII. My husband now thinks the other Silversea ships are too big!! We both loved our time on the ship and have just booked the May 2012 In the Footsteps of the Vikings trip. We'll be repeaters for a long time as there are many other PAII voyages we want to take. The crew is great, the food excellent, the lectures decent and the range of itineraries really attractive. We were so amazed by the number of crew members who came up to us on the first day of the 2nd cruise to say welcome back. Some of them remembered our names and others just our faces but they were so sincere, we were quite touched. I'm looking forward to hearing the comments of other repeaters.

I believe we'll be on the cruise right before yours (Lisbon to Portsmouth)! Small world.

Hey Lirio

We will be joining you on this sailing with our close friends from SD. Myron & Kathy, both of us sailed the PA in Antartica, Xpedition in the Galop, and the PG in Tahiti

We're flying into Bergen, Norway a couple of days before and doing some eco tours in the fjords, before flying to Tromso on the Thursday

Maybe we can hook up for a drink pre-cruise in Tromso

jc@horseshoetavern.com

Toronto

Hey Lirio

We will be joining you on this sailing with our close friends from SD. Myron & Kathy, both of us sailed the PA in Antartica, Xpedition in the Galop, and the PG in Tahiti

We're flying into Bergen, Norway a couple of days before and doing some eco tours in the fjords, before flying to Tromso on the Thursday

Maybe we can hook up for a drink pre-cruise in Tromso

jc@horseshoetavern.com

Toronto

We'll be in Tromso that day, disembarking, as we are on the cruise before all of you... Our flight back to Oslo leaves at 18:40. Maybe we'll run into you and Lirio!

We will arrive at Tromson on wed. Aug 10. We are staying at Radisson Blue.

We are still planning other pre cruise days. We leave Brazil Saturday Aug. 6 to Paris and arrive on the 7th. Would love to meet for drinks!

JP and Chris

I assume you will be way too busy watching wildlife and glaciers to post on-line while you're on-board but I'm sure we'd all love to hear moments of your arctic trip before we head off for ours

Lirio

My group (4) leaves SD and Toronto Aug 7th via London, landing in Bergen Aug 8th, where we will stay the Mon, Tue, Wed - Planning on some 'Norway In A Nutshell Tours' to the Fjords, then we arrive in Tromso the Thr aft 1:30p staying at the Clarion? (that could change)

Maybe we could hook up for drinks Thr night? I'm sure it's a real small town, and we'll be the 4 idiots in our Red Antartica Silverseas Survival Jackets, likely standing out amongst the locals - lol

We are absolutley looking for an eco-adventure in Tromso Thr late aft or Fri morning before boarding, do you know if its whale watching season or of a local tour that offers something similar?

Thx

jc n tara

toronto

This weekend we finished all reservations.

Definitely we should have a drink on Thr night. We got our travel guides this weekend and are checking what to see and do at Tromson, as well good places to eat and drink.

JP and Chris, how about a quick coffee while you are disembarking and we are embarking?

After the cruise we will stay 3 days in Oslo in Radisson Blue to visit the FRAM and other things around.

Then go back home to work and pay for the next year vacation!

I will send you an email.

Baggage Question of Recent Arctic Cruisers on the PAII or Silver Explorer?

Did all of you limit yourself to one checked bag and one carryon as requested by Silversea for their charter going back to Oslo from Longyearbyen? Our charter ticket shows 34 Kilos in one piece of checked baggage and 5 Kilos in checked baggage as their allowance. We had planned on each taking TWO checked bags ( one 21 in and one 26 in) because of all the bulky clothes required for an arctic expedition. Please let us know if this rule was hard and fast.

I know the charter is economy seating, so will there be overweight charges or piece charges if the number of pieces and/or weight is exceeded. We do not have the option to purchase business class. Thanks in advance, for all your replies!

Hey Narob

My wife and I didn't take the weight restrictions all that seriously, especially since this trip requires a full set of winter clothes

In Antartica, we ordered most of our clothes through Silverseas, so sure on the way there our luggage was light, but naturally, it was alot heavier on the return (boots, jacket, outer wear, etc)

My wife actually checked an empty suitcase all the way there, in order to be able to bring the clothes back, but either way you can't win, it's either ignore, take less cases, or try to stay within the limit, now you gotta take more pieces than today's economy flight allows...

Hope this helps...

jc

Toronto

Dear jc,

We are flying to and from the cruise business class, but Silverseas charter flight doesn't allow business class. My feeling at this point, is that since it is a charter, the number of passengers from the ship is still much less than the capacity of the aircraft, therefore room for extra bags.

We were on the SS charter from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and the size of the plane gave every couple three seats (i.e. the middle seat was empty), so we were very comfortable. There was no discussion of extra bag or weight charges and we checked 3 large bags -- 1 - 26" and 1 - 28", and 1 duffle bag, no problems at all (and the big bags were heavy).

When we flew from Oslo to Longyearbyen and back from Tromso last year we were expecting excess charges since we had the same luggage as above. It wasn't a charter but SAS still didn't charge us any extra fees although I was expecting to pay at least an additional $75 each way. I imagine the SS charter to the Arctic will be the same way.

Archived