Just Back From Miracle and St. Maarten, St, Lucia, St. Kitts

vawalkers

I also wanted to mention that we did visit Nick & Nora's one night. All I can say is fabulous.......with one exception......the lobster tail (it just was not as good as I wanted it to be - I had the surf & turf and the "turf - filet" was excellent).....but that may be because we are from New England and have the best lobster around here. Aside from that, the food and service were outstanding and well worth the $30.00.

Lisa

I also wanted to mention that we did visit Nick & Nora's one night. All I can say is fabulous.......with one exception......the lobster tail (it just was not as good as I wanted it to be - I had the surf & turf and the "turf - filet" was excellent).....but that may be because we are from New England and have the best lobster around here. Aside from that, the food and service were outstanding and well worth the $30.00.

Lisa

We were in Nick and Nora's Thursday night. The service was great and thought it was better than the steakhouse on the Freedom. I had the New York Strip and it was excellent as well as huge. My wife had the Lobster Ravioli with shrimp and loved it. It was well worth the fee.

This was our first spirit class ship and thought it was wonderful. I loved the layout and the decor. We had your time and only had to wait the first night. After that it was a breeze.

What time did you usually try to eat dinner? Maybe we were just picking the wrong time. We had several days where we waited 35 minutes.

DH and I were also on this cruise with a group of 35 Srs from FL. We loved the ship. Easy to navigate the decks, good music, great entertainment. We also loved St Kitts.

We did the train ride. It was very interesting but a bit long and a bit pricey.

If we ever go back I would do a different kind of tour. St. Kitts is a beautiful island and the people are very friendly.

Carole,

In St. Kitts, we toured with Thenford Grey tours. Kevin was our driver and he was fantastic. we saw most of the island, the Batik factory at Romney Manor and the Brimstone Hill fortress. We went to South Friars Bay Beach. It was wonderful. The people were friendly and the water was incredible. We had a little time for shopping before getting back on the ship. This port definitely needs to have it's hours extended.

We will be on the Victory in a little over a week and I am trying to decide between South Friars or Cockelshell for a beach day on St. Kitts. We have an 11 year old son and were wondering if South Friars was kid friendly. Is there snorkeling or any other activities?

We will be on the Victory in a little over a week and I am trying to decide between South Friars or Cockelshell for a beach day on St. Kitts. We have an 11 year old son and were wondering if South Friars was kid friendly. Is there snorkeling or any other activities?

Our son is 10. There was a floating dock that some people were sunbathing on and some were jumping off of. They will tell you when you get there that there is a portion of the beach that has rocks and sea urchins offshore. You need to wear shoes if you walk out into that part. That is where the most fish are if you are snorkeling. We stayed to the left of the floating dock since we did not have water shoes. Our son snorkeled for the first time. He saw a few fish, but not a lot. There are portable toilets at the beach, but needed to be cleaned when we were there. There are also monkeys and mongoose in the bushes but the do not come down among the people. You will have some good photo ops.

The people at the beach were very friendly. I think there may be more activities at Cockleshell Beach, but am not sure. Have a great cruise!

I'm wondering about your obstructed view balcony room. Exactly how obstructed was it? If you were to lay out on your balcony, could you see out at all, or was it completely blocked by something?

We were in a 4K cabin which has french doors that open but you cannot go out. There are lifeboats directly in front of you and you have a view under the lifeboat and around the end if your cabin is situated in the right place.:D

We tried several different timed for "your time" dining and really only had the wait on night one.

I am glad you didn't have to wait. I guess we just went at the same time as everyone else. We really like your time dining, especially on port days.

Hi guys;

Sorry to jump in but I am looking at a New Year cruise for jan 2012 and I can't make up my mind between the Victory Jan 1st-Jan 8th leaving from San Juan or the Miracle Dec 28-Jan 5th leaving from FLL.

I have read on the CC reviews that cruises leaving from SJ have a lots of loud families (boarding from SJ) and that there are kids running in the hallway even at 3:00 AM.

Can any one who has been on the Victory lately tell me if this is true or not?

I know that I sound a little worried over something that may not be that important but I do need my beauty sleep.... (at my age)....Ha!Ha!

I really appreciate anyfeedback so I can choose.

Thanks alot

PS: we just got of the Freedom 2 weeks ago and it is a beautiful ship but the family next to us were yelling in German or some other very loud language until the wee hours... that explains why I am worried about the noises.

My husband and I are looking at this cruise for November. Were there alot of activities on the sea days. We haven't been to these 3 ports, but my husband thinks there may be too many sea days with nothing to do.

we just booked this cruise on the 2nd of november and its the 2nd time on this cruise and these islands. and Sea days are what make this cruise. They are great

Just got back from a fantastic cruise on the Miracle. We visited St. Martin, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. The Miracle was amazing and I have a new favorite port in St. Kitts. I would be glad to answer any questions.

We stayed in cabin 4130 (4K) with the french doors and obstructed view. It was great. Would definitely book that type cabin again. The ship and crew were great. Booked the next cruise while onboard. So, let the countdown begin!

I was wondering how the view was from your cabin (4130) since that will be our cabin in April.

Sharon

I was wondering how the view was from your cabin (4130) since that will be our cabin in April.

Sharon

Sharon,

When you open the french doors (inward) you will be able to feel the breeze and get some idea of the temps. The view is limited to being able to look down (under the lifeboat) and see a strip of water and a part of the promenade on deck three. Important to remember; people strolling on the promenade can see into a portion of your room so keep the drapes pulled when appropriate. You will also have some view by looking left out the door. You will be looking between the lifeboat and the support structure that is holding it up. There you have a limited long view of the water. The best thing about the room is being able to see changes in lighting and checking the temps before going out. While the view is not great it is far superior to an inside with no view. From the room you are about midway between the fore elevators and the mid-ship elevators, so it is a great location. Hope you have a great cruise and enjoy the room.

Vanessa, thanks so much for posting this. Loved your pictures too. We are planning a cruise with another family in summer of 2012 and are trying to decide between Carnival Miracle and Carribean Princess. You (and the difference in fares) are swaying me toward the Miracle.:D

Vanessa, thanks so much for posting this. Loved your pictures too. We are planning a cruise with another family in summer of 2012 and are trying to decide between Carnival Miracle and Carribean Princess. You (and the difference in fares) are swaying me toward the Miracle.:D

Cannot speak to the Caribbean Princess, but we absolutely adored the Miracle. We were in 4171 which is fairly close to the water. The ship itself is true Farcus but I fell in love with it!! The only complaint I have about it is that there is no true adult only serenity area like on the Fantasy class ships. Aside from that, this itinerary in particular was FABULOUS for the 2 sea days before and after the ports. Since our main goal for cruising is R&R and the ports are sorta secondary, those 4 sea days made the trip for me!! Since we all have different opinions, I cannot necessarily tell you that you will love the Miracle as much as we did, but I can tell you that the food was wonderful, the staff attentive and fun, and did I mention those 4 sea days....ahhhh.....bliss!!!

Cannot speak to the Caribbean Princess, but we absolutely adored the Miracle. We were in 4171 which is fairly close to the water. The ship itself is true Farcus but I fell in love with it!! The only complaint I have about it is that there is no true adult only serenity area like on the Fantasy class ships. Aside from that, this itinerary in particular was FABULOUS for the 2 sea days before and after the ports. Since our main goal for cruising is R&R and the ports are sorta secondary, those 4 sea days made the trip for me!! Since we all have different opinions, I cannot necessarily tell you that you will love the Miracle as much as we did, but I can tell you that the food was wonderful, the staff attentive and fun, and did I mention those 4 sea days....ahhhh.....bliss!!!

Great pictures,we have been trying to figure out what to do in St Kitts.Marriott looks promising.I have one question about the ship. Did you go in the disco? Is it the same 2 story layout as on other Spirit class ships?

Thanks Vanessa;

Your pictures are gorgeous.

can you tell which company did you booked with to go to Jalousie Beach ?

Did you buy a day pass at Jalousie Resort or can we use the beach without buying a pass?

Also, how much was the day room at the Marriott in St Kitts?

Thanks

Definately go to Cockelshell......more for an 11 year old to do: rent a jet ski (with a parent or someone 16), a kayak, snorkeling, horseback riding, hobbiecat, water toys (like trampolene, ice rock wall to climb and jump off, and a teeter-tooter thing), monkeys (wild and babies to hold), Wilber (a 600 pound pig/boar that when hot walks to the water, cools off, then heads back to his favorite spot in the sand.

Also.....big plus for adults: bathroom facilities (not port-a-potties).

Google Reggae Beach Bar, Lions Rock Bar, and Spice Mill to see what is there.

Spice Mill: More relaxed, better lounging furniture, a little more expensive

Reggae Beach Bar: Family atmosphere, alot of things to rent, great food and fruit smoothies....(I had a mango smoothie to die for.....:D)

Lions Rock Bar: Laid back.....good food, closets to the water toys. Strong Rum Punch. Have to get a picture with Lion....he's unique.

All three places are within a two minute walk and all are visible from each other.

P.S. I have some pictures on another post. Look if you're interested.

Thanks vawalkers and jkjmt for the info on the beaches in St. Kitts!! I think we are leaning towards Cockelshell because we plan to be there most of the day and it sounds like it has more activities to offer (and the real bathrooms are a major plus for us!). It sounds like the beach has recovered a lot since this fall and the floods. After looking at the pictures I think we'll set up base at Spice Mill and then travel down the beach to check out the other places. My son is very excited about seeing monkeys!

I thought the island was by far the prettiest of the three. The people were extraordinarily friendly. We felt safe. We felt welcome. It was like they really wanted you there. There was no pressure from anyone to buy, but they were ready to help. The water was beautiful and the countryside was very green. It was one of those places that I would consider traveling to one day and staying a week.

I totally agree with the OP about St. Kitts. We did this exact cruise last Feb aboard the Miracle (same views: excellent ship/crew, etc) and St. Kitts is just beautiful. Very friendly, we felt safe, lush green views, black/gold sand and perfect water. We visited Shipwrecked Bar and Grill along the beach and it was just fantastic! We are on the Victory in March and we go to St. Kitts again and I CANNOT wait to go back to Shipwrecked! The view from your beach chair is perfect --- nothing but sand and water. Ah...... love it!

Archived