Just Back From Miracle and St. Maarten, St, Lucia, St. Kitts

vawalkers

Just back from this cruise as of 12/5/10 (sailed 11/27). Here's the album if you want to peruse. What we did on each island is documented.

http://picasaweb.google.com/vanessa.1963/CarnivalMiracle#

Loved the photos and the captions! We are doing the same cruise on Miracle next Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

Was the excursion on St Lucia through Spencer Ambrose? Thanks!

Just back from this cruise as of 12/5/10 (sailed 11/27). Here's the album if you want to peruse. What we did on each island is documented.

Vanessa, thanks so very much for the pictures you posted. I am doing the Miracle in December and loved looking at the pictures. I am so ready to pack now!! LOL I can't wait to go.

Loved the photos and the captions! We are doing the same cruise on Miracle next Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

Was the excursion on St Lucia through Spencer Ambrose? Thanks!

Yes!! And I HIGHLY recommend him and this tour. As you saw, the group was small so service was personal. I cannot say enough good things about that tour! You will love it!

Glad you enjoyed the pics :)

Vanessa, thanks so very much for the pictures you posted. I am doing the Miracle in December and loved looking at the pictures. I am so ready to pack now!! LOL I can't wait to go.

You are welcome!! For me, it was the 2 sea days on either side of the port days that made it! Talk about R&R! It was incredible. And the ship was beautiful and the staff, top notch! You will not regret taking this cruise. Also, if you get the chance, book the chef's table. Chef Dias was so much fun to spend the time with and the food....to die for :D

Thanks Vanessa;

Your pictures are gorgeous.

can you tell which company did you booked with to go to Jalousie Beach ?

Did you buy a day pass at Jalousie Resort or can we use the beach without buying a pass?

Also, how much was the day room at the Marriott in St Kitts?

Thanks

The day room at the Marriott was $65 for 2. WELL worth it!!! You have to call the day before you sail to book it though. Has to be very last minute. The St. Lucia tour was with Spencer Ambrose and it was the Jalousie Beach Break or something similar. Check his website and I think you'll find it.

Glad you enjoyed the pics :) We had a ball taking them!

Great pictures,we have been trying to figure out what to do in St Kitts.Marriott looks promising.I have one question about the ship. Did you go in the disco? Is it the same 2 story layout as on other Spirit class ships?

YES!! If you look at the pictures, you will see Frankenstein's lounge. We danced our butt's off every night we could (some nights were 50's nights, country night, etc. where they played that genre of music for several hours and we can't dance to that stuff). Very fun place! Yes, two story lay out.

• 1 month later...

I loved looking at your pictures.. I'll be sailing on the Miracle in Sept. so I finally got to see what the inside of the ship really looks like. The ports you visited looked amazing and I hope to do them in the next couple of years.

Looks like you had a great trip!

Oh my gosh.................... i must have a brain blurp..........i can't seem to find anything on the home page that says........... "do a new post here" .....!

where is it?

what am i doing wrong?

thanks D

(only the first 3 people need to reply to this.thanks again.......D

Loved your pictures Vanessa! Thanks for sharing - we're doing the exotic southern next January - nice to see all the ship pictures!

BTW - I have the exact same 'postcard picture' from St. Lucia - isn't that place absolutely amazing??

Great thread! We are 5 months removed from our Miracle cruise and looking at a very short, but oh so long, 13 days 'till out next adventure on the Dream.

Loved the Miracle. The size, decor, food and service. Many very nice "nooks" to get away in. The four sea days plus three of our favorite islands made/will make this an easy choice. Diverted from St. Kitts one day after excursion group was robbed. Ended up in Antigua. Excellent day spent at Darkwood Beach but not a substitute for the beautiful drive to Cockleshell and spending the day with Wilbur and friends!

Thank You to VAWalker for starting this thread and to Vanessa for posting pics along with details on each port.

My husband & I are booked on this same cruise in October, it will be our first solo vacation in 14 years.

Seeing the pictures and reading about the ports makes us very thankful that we choose this ship and itinearary.

Thanks again.

Diane

Can you give me an idea as what a day pass at the Marriott at St Kitts was for a day?:D

Sorry did not read all of the threads. Jump right down to asking you the questions before reading all of the threads. Thanks for the great pics. Going at Christmas, can hardly wait after seeing your pics!

We are about to book this sailing tomorrow morning. My question is the small price difference between the ES rate and the Past Guest rate. PG states that there are upgrades included. Does this mean that if we book an obstructed view balcony we possibly will get a non-ov balcony? I am wondering exactly what the 'upgrades' are. Also, is it true that we should take an even numbered room in order to see the port/island as we are docking? That is something we really enjoy. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
The day room at the Marriott was $65 for 2. WELL worth it!!! You have to call the day before you sail to book it though. Has to be very last minute. The St. Lucia tour was with Spencer Ambrose and it was the Jalousie Beach Break or something similar. Check his website and I think you'll find it.

Glad you enjoyed the pics :) We had a ball taking them!

Loved your pictures! Can you tell me the contact information for the day room at the Marriott? Did you just get a cab to bring you there, or did you arrange it in advance? Thanks!!

• 3 months later...
Just got back from a fantastic cruise on the Miracle. We visited St. Martin, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. The Miracle was amazing and I have a new favorite port in St. Kitts. I would be glad to answer any questions.

We stayed in cabin 4130 (4K) with the french doors and obstructed view. It was great. Would definitely book that type cabin again. The ship and crew were great. Booked the next cruise while onboard. So, let the countdown begin!

How did you like the french doors and obstructed view compared to inside or ocenview? I realize there is no balcony, but can you open the door for fresh air? Do you see people walking by, should you leave the curtains closed all the time? Was it a noisy section of the ship? Did you have any view between the life boats? Any info is appreciated. I thought why not try this since it is the same price as an inside. I have never sailed inside on carnival, only on NCL and the room was super small, so we have only done oceanview on CCL and like it. Just looking for comparison.

Thanks,

Archived