Ventura - Delux Balcony Cabin on 'D' deck

andyc567

Hi all,

Has anyone ever been in a delux balcony cabin on Ventura's 'D' deck ?

We have one booked for the caribbean in Feb and was wondering what they are like ?

Ours is mid-ships so I hope it is ok.

We have a bath (full size ?) which will be nice and a larger lounge area and larger balcony, but we understand that the balcony's are over looked, does anyone know ?

Also we understand that we get a few extra's like fluffy dressing gowns etc but reading the forums it would seem that the extra's don't always appear.

Has anyone ever received or had trouble with 'missing' extra's ?

Any comments about the cabin would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks guy's.

There is now a web site where people post a report of the cabin they have stayed in for a full reiveiw of it.. NOW somehow I have lost the link but over on Crowsnestonline.com somebody there will know what its called or be able to answer your query.. BUT lots of the balconcy cabins are over looked. But we found so few people use them you ever feel too peeked at.

We had a midship Superior Deluxe on D deck for our Xmas cruise on Ventura.

Cabin was very nice. Approx 10 feet longer than a standard balcony with a large sofa and extra flat screen TV. The bathroom was a good size with a bath, shower over and wide vanity unit with sink and mirror over. I dont think the bath was full size, probably about 80% the size of a normal bath but sufficient to take a nice bath in.

We had a full bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates in the room on arrival. The brochure mentions fresh flowers but we only had a single flower in a vase. Over the 2 weeks we had canapes brought 4 times.

We liked the cabin especially as the cruise was relaxing so we did spend a bit more time in it than we would in the Med. However I have to say we probably sat on the sofa less than a handful of times but it was nice to have the extra space.

The balconies are deeper than those on the Lido, Riviera, A and B decks but smaller than those above on C deck. You are totally overlooked by all decks above but it didnt bother us. C deck balconies are right above your head but we enjoyed chatting to our vertical neighbours above. It was nice to be able to look over the balcony rail straight down into the see which you cant do from the other balconies. We also liked using the dressing gowns to step out onto the balcony. We didnt use the slippers as they were mules and a bit small.

They cost more than the other balconies and whether it is worth it is subjective. Weve just booked Ventura for the Med this year and gone back to a standard balcony as we wouldnt be in the cabin as much but we would probably try for a superior deluxe again if we went back to the caribbean.

We had a midship Superior Deluxe on D deck for our Xmas cruise on Ventura.

Cabin was very nice. Approx 10 feet longer than a standard balcony with a large sofa and extra flat screen TV. The bathroom was a good size with a bath, shower over and wide vanity unit with sink and mirror over. I dont think the bath was full size, probably about 80% the size of a normal bath but sufficient to take a nice bath in.

We had a full bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates in the room on arrival. The brochure mentions fresh flowers but we only had a single flower in a vase. Over the 2 weeks we had canapes brought 4 times.

We liked the cabin especially as the cruise was relaxing so we did spend a bit more time in it than we would in the Med. However I have to say we probably sat on the sofa less than a handful of times but it was nice to have the extra space.

The balconies are deeper than those on the Lido, Riviera, A and B decks but smaller than those above on C deck. You are totally overlooked by all decks above but it didnt bother us. C deck balconies are right above your head but we enjoyed chatting to our vertical neighbours above. It was nice to be able to look over the balcony rail straight down into the see which you cant do from the other balconies. We also liked using the dressing gowns to step out onto the balcony. We didnt use the slippers as they were mules and a bit small.

They cost more than the other balconies and whether it is worth it is subjective. Weve just booked Ventura for the Med this year and gone back to a standard balcony as we wouldnt be in the cabin as much but we would probably try for a superior deluxe again if we went back to the caribbean.

These comments mirror our experience of a D Deck Superior Deluxe on Ventura. Lovely to have the extra space with kids in tow. We would always choose this over a standard balcony on Azura/Ventura is it wasn't too much more, e.g. in May for a week it is only costing us £200 more overall for this cabin versus the cheapest balcony one, and for us it is definitely worth it. If it was just the two of us I wouldn't be so bothered and may go for a C deck balcony cabin (large balconies which are half overlooked so you can get some shade or protection from the elements)

We had a D deck superior for our Fjords trip. The bath is full standard size i.e 700mm wide, possibly not as deep as you are used to, but deep enough for a decent bath.

All extras were in our cabin: flowers, champagne, bathrobes (which are huge and very fluffy - much better than hotel ones!), chocolates.

With a child with us the extra space was very welcome and as mentioned it wasn't much more than the normal balcony cabin so worth it for us.

Glad to hear the good reports we have a superior balcony booked on D deck on Azura on 5th Feb for 2 weeks - we have our twin daughters travelling with us who are 7 so we were keen to have the sofa bed as the sleeping option for them - our son is staying with my mother-in-law in an inside cabin just down the corridor.

Hi KevinYork - I see you sailed on Azura and also IOS - we are sailing on Azura next weekend and did FOS last Feb - there are lots of comments about Azura feeling overcrowded - how did you compare it with IOS just out of curiosity?

Hi KevinYork - I see you sailed on Azura and also IOS - we are sailing on Azura next weekend and did FOS last Feb - there are lots of comments about Azura feeling overcrowded - how did you compare it with IOS just out of curiosity?

Hi mrspjotter. We have since been on Ventura too which has the same layout/capacity. I felt overall that Azura felt less overcrowded than IOS. On a cool or wet sea day it was impossible to find a place to sit on IOS whereas on Azura/Ventura there was never a problem. Everyone masses around the Royal Promenade on IOS whereas they are more spread out on Azura/Ventura.

People state that it is hard to find a sunbed on Azura which may be true at times if you want to overlook a pool but if you hunt around there are different levels with spaces many dont reach. We had a clear choice this spring between a going back on Azura/Ventura or IOS and we chose Ventura. Although IOS has more bells and whistles once we had experienced them we preferred Azura/Ventura overall.

Kevin - thanks for the info - I couldn't imagine it being anymore overcrowded than a ship like IOS/FOS so i'm guessing as we are used to the bigger ships that like you we won't find it a problem.

Interesting to hear you chose P&O over RCI - I have to admit I am finding all the rules and regulations for P&O especially regarding the dress code a bit hard going!!!!

Archived