Open Dining

aubandit

The Open or "As you wish" dining worked out well for our group of 8 on the Oosterdam as we could plan each day according to everyones schedule. If you are very active with lots of shore excursions, I would recommend it as we always got the times we wanted.

If it's just DH and I, we opt for late fixed option for dining so we can get to know other people.

Please know I am discussing the MDR only. The Canelleto and Pinnacle Grill are of course reservation only with PG an extra charge. You may want to discuss with your TA or your traveling companions as applicable.

;)What exactly is open dining? What are your thoughts on this?

The sticky threads up top in the HAL section have over 2300 posts in them and many will discuss open dining. It's the 2 separate stickies referencing the program by it's full name "As You Wish Dining"

I have no doubt you'll find the answers you seek in there :D

Open dining means you choose, on a nightly basis, what time you want to eat during the MDR's hours. Just show up at the restaurant door. You can ask for shared seating if you wish and you'll be seated with others who also like shared seating, or you can ask for a table just for your party.

We love open dining and almost always ask for shared seating , preferably a table for 6 -8 if possible since we enjoy meeting our fellow passengers. Since it's open dining we're seated with different tablemates each night.

The lower level of the dining room is the Open Seating dining from 5:15 - 9 PM. You can make reservations for 3 days at a time but only during certain times: 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 PM for any size table you want. The time from 6:15 - 7:30 -- you just go to the dining room when you are ready to eat -- and you can still request what size table you want.

Archived