Question About Rates Dropping

Larry'sLady

Booked a cruise 10 days ago on the Elation. Senior rate. Paid in full. Sail date is 3/12. Prices have dropped $100 per person. Am I just out of luck or can I call PVP to see if I can upgrade. No suites left. We are on Riveria deck. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Booked a cruise 10 days ago on the Elation. Senior rate. Paid in full. Sail date is 3/12. Prices have dropped $100 per person. Am I just out of luck or can I call PVP to see if I can upgrade. No suites left. We are on Riveria deck. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

What cabin cat did you book? I ask because you mentioned suites, then said you are on the Riviera deck.

If there exist a higher cat cabin, you can move up if the price of the higher cabin, equals the amount of the price drop or you are willing to pay the difference.

Booked a cruise 10 days ago on the Elation. Senior rate. Paid in full. Sail date is 3/12. Prices have dropped $100 per person. Am I just out of luck or can I call PVP to see if I can upgrade. No suites left. We are on Riviera deck. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Yes' date=' you can call and try to upgrade. Since you are on the Riviera deck there should be an opportunity to move to a higher deck.

What cabin cat did you book? I ask because you mentioned suites, then said you are on the Riviera deck.

If there exist a higher cat cabin, you can move up if the price of the higher cabin, equals the amount of the price drop or you are willing to pay the difference.

Elation has about 10 suites. All other cabins are OV and Inside. There are no balconies. Riviera is the lowest passenger deck, so OP will have an opportunity to move up to a higher deck, if cabins are available.

OP, if you can move up without paying any more by all means doit, but it is not worth paying more just to move to a higher deck.

Give your PVP a call, I was in the same situation, did NOT book Early Saver and still was able to receive a OBC for the price drop difference. Hope that helps.

Wow.... sure would like to know how your PVP was able to do that. This is not the norm and first I have heard of it being done since the inception of Early Saver !

Give your PVP a call, I was in the same situation, did NOT book Early Saver and still was able to receive a OBC for the price drop difference. Hope that helps.

AFTER the final Payment Deadline (60 to 70 days before sailing)? ken

How long ago was this .. as it shouldnt be true if you are also after final payment... though I got a couple of OBCs that should have been refunds to my credit card this last cruise.

First cruise. Called PVP yesterday & she said they wouldn't upgrade us. On Riveria deck in oceanview. Is upper deck better? My sister in law is prone to motion sickness that is why we got the Riveria. Booked Jan. 18, price dropped $100 each first of this week. Bummer. Oh well, I am going on a cruise and have fun.

Actually, yes. That may have had something to do with it. We booked late and it dropped the next day. Hasn't dropped again since though. Hope that helps?

YES! You were able to take advantage of Carnival's 110% 48-Hour Price Guarantee, which applies to your situation, booking after final Payment Deadline. If there's a lower Carnival-advertised fare w/in 48 hours of your booking you get 110% of the price difference. Great timing!!! After that 48 hours, though, you won't be able to get any OBC.

thanks, Ken

Archived