Fram and the Falklands

digitl

We're on the Fram's Shackleton's Antarctica trip in February 2012 sailing from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires. Could anyone who has done the trip in this direction give me some guidance on the time it arrives in Stanley and when it departs please. The itinerary shows 'two days'.

TIA

I can let you know in about 6 weeks as we're on the Feb 25, 2011 Shackleton trip. The itinerary indicates the first day in the Falklands is spent at 2 landing sites west of the Stanley area and the second day is in Stanley itself. Sorry, can't offer further details just yet but will try to remember to do so upon our return.

Thank you: please do let me know what happens!

Hurtigruten have told me that there are no organised excursions on the Falklands, just optional. Does that fit with what you have discovered?

Enjoy the trip!

We're on the Fram's Shackleton's Antarctica trip in February 2012 sailing from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires. Could anyone who has done the trip in this direction give me some guidance on the time it arrives in Stanley and when it departs please. The itinerary shows 'two days'.

TIA

We were on this same itinerary last year, we arrived in Stanley mid morning and left late that afternoon. There are ships' excursions, we opted to go our own way. We were not there for two days. They do make other landings on the Falklands, in addition to Stanley.

Regards,

Rc

The first day in the Falklands the itinerary has us visiting the two landing sites included in the package price. The following day in Stanley there are 5 extra cost optional excursions available. If you want to email me at daskew24 AT gmail DOT com, I will forward you the excursion list they sent us.

Archived