Question about pricing on carnival.com

thekings23

When you search for 4 pax, is the price listed pp? On my current booking on the glory it has passenger 1 and 2 listed as 1 price, and passenger 3 and 4 (my kiddos) listed at a much reduced rate. I am checking for rate drops but it is difficult to determine.

Carnival now takes the pp and averages it. Yep, Im not making this up. If you search for 2 pax, you can see the actual price for the first two, then do 4, and do the math. lol

Yep ya cant make this stufff up folks

I feel like you are making fun of me here.

No, really. The prices on Carnival, unless they went back to the old system. They started averaging all 4 prices. I think they thought it made pax 1 and 2 look better is my theory.

Im being serious. Carnival was doing this. I left on a cruise and just came home today. Someone correct me if they quit averaging the prices.

I feel like you are making fun of me here.

I don't think so! Fire is pointing out that the display of pricing as an "average" is almost comically stupid.

As the ES price-matching is based on the total fare of all the PAX in the cabin, that's the number you really need to use in initially checking for a fare drop. If you want the price per person, it's sometimes easier to check the fares on one of the popular TA sites, who all display fares the "traditional" way and are the same as Carnivals fares.

ken

No, really. The prices on Carnival, unless they went back to the old system. They started averaging all 4 prices. I think they thought it made pax 1 and 2 look better is my theory.

Im being serious. Carnival was doing this. I left on a cruise and just came home today. Someone correct me if they quit averaging the prices.

Did they recently make this change? THe prices went up considerably on Glory cruise so I stopped checking on a regular basis, checked tonight on a whim and it just looked funny.

Or, when you look at the total price for the 4 pax (before taxes and fees) match that up against what the total shows on your account for the 4 pax before fees.

When you click on billing under your booking on Carnival's website check the total at the bottom of the first column. That's how much you paid for all 4 pax before added fees.

Did they recently make this change? THe prices went up considerably on Glory cruise so I stopped checking on a regular basis, checked tonight on a whim and it just looked funny.

I cant remember .. maybe a couple of months back? Im a shareholder, and I think this is just crazy. This trying to fool people into thinking the rate per person is cheaper by averaging those two rates with pax 3 and 4, Im thinking its Carnival who is stupid. Stupid like a fox more than likely though.

You can tell I just think its stupid. Its like they are betting there are a lot of stupid people out there who wouldnt notice. Their audience always has a high percentage of brand new cruisers.

Thanks Ken for rescuing me. Its one of the things I wish Carnival wouldnt do, but minor.

I came back today from a great cruise overall and had fun at the farewell party and got to stick my head in at Margaritaville the day before and the forecast was for 78 and the sun was out and shining. So, just ignore this little ploy on Carnival's part, but keep it in mind and figure out the math yourself as always. The cruises are good.

As the ES price-matching is based on the total fare of all the PAX in the cabin, that's the number you really need to use in initially checking for a fare drop. ....................

ken

Ken,

I like the new way better than the old simply because with the old way I had to do the math, and the way it is now they do it for me. ;) They would frequently drop the first and second passenger prices once all two passenger cabins were sold out and then raise third & fourth passenger prices. With the current method they can be sold out, but you can still get a price match OBC based on the price per passenger. I doubt it was their intenions, but they have made it easier to find price drops.

Well, see its good someone likes it. And above, I meant carnival is crazy like a fox. I told ya I was tired. I just drove home from Galveston, and then my Dad wanted to go out for a while after I drove 5 hours!! I better stay off the boards until I relax.

Well, see its good someone likes it. And above, I meant carnival is crazy like a fox. I told ya I was tired. I just drove home from Galveston, and then my Dad wanted to go out for a while after I drove 5 hours!! I better stay off the boards until I relax.

Fire,

Welcome home!

We've had sooo much snow this winter that I like ANYTHING cruise related so take my opinion with a grain of salt.....on second thought, we need that salt for our roads! :D

Archived