Eastern Caribbean - Price Drops?

northerndynasty

Good evening, fellow CC'ers!

Quick question for anyone who's done this kind of Voyage:

Eastern Caribbean, 10-night, early January.

We're looking at this for 2012. Has anyone traversed this voyage in previous years during early January, and seen their original booking price to what their final full-payment price drop a reasonable, sizable, or miniscule amount?

Just curious...and thanks to everyone for your feedback! :)

Good evening, fellow CC'ers!

Quick question for anyone who's done this kind of Voyage:

Eastern Caribbean, 10-night, early January.

We're looking at this for 2012. Has anyone traversed this voyage in previous years during early January, and seen their original booking price to what their final full-payment price drop a reasonable, sizable, or miniscule amount?

Just curious...and thanks to everyone for your feedback! :)

I always book at least a year in advance to get the room I want. Every single time, the price has dropped significantly several times by about a month before final payment. At that time, it may start to increase again. After final payment, they may have "flash promotions" or other sales for an even better price than I got, but by then there are few rooms left. Most of the time my total price drops have been anywhere between $400-1,000 per person and I get the room I want. So I don't worry if my initial price looks high - I know it will come down. I keep track of the current Princess price and when it decreases, I call my TA and I get the agency's new price. Good payoff for a little bit of work. :D

I always book at least a year in advance to get the room I want. Every single time, the price has dropped significantly several times by about a month before final payment. At that time, it may start to increase again. After final payment, they may have "flash promotions" or other sales for an even better price than I got, but by then there are few rooms left. Most of the time my total price drops have been anywhere between $400-1,000 per person and I get the room I want. So I don't worry if my initial price looks high - I know it will come down. I keep track of the current Princess price and when it decreases, I call my TA and I get the agency's new price. Good payoff for a little bit of work. :D

Thanks for the reply. We just concluded our Panama Canal (1/9-1/19), and my original FCC-reserved price was abot $1700. But, by the time we paid-up in October, we wound-up paying just $1009pp (all direct-purchase through Princess). So that was a nice one!

I really appreciate your feedback. I'm curious how the Eastern (and actually, for that matter, the Southern as well), 10-day trips have eventually finalized for those who have taken their Voyages in early January. Right now, I'm seeing $1149 (previous cruiser price). I'd LOVE to see that price even down in the $700's. Am I being too expectant?

We did the 7 day just two weeks ago and we had the price drop several times from the date of booking thru final...to the tune of about $800 for the two of us.

Very nice. Thanks for the posting.

Me thinks we're booking this one. The hardest part for us now (as others have posted here before) is, can we "go" on 7-day cruises now that we've done the 10-day and LOVED every second of it! Is a 7-day "too short"?? :P

Again, thanks for the update! Hope you had a wonderful trip!

On the 10 day Eastern Caribbean, I booked an inside cabin (Cat. II) for $1249 pp more than a year in advance. About 5 months before the cruise, the prices dropped for all categories except Cat. II. I switched to an inside Cat. I - which was just down the hall from the original cabin. Final price was $779 pp.:)

On the 10 day Eastern Caribbean, I booked an inside cabin (Cat. II) for $1249 pp more than a year in advance. About 5 months before the cruise, the prices dropped for all categories except Cat. II. I switched to an inside Cat. I - which was just down the hall from the original cabin. Final price was $779 pp.:)

They KNEW - YOU - were waiting for the 'ol drop. :p Those waskilly wabbits. Of course, I'm just kidding!!

Ok, well, I think we're going to book this one then. So long as there is "hope" that the prices generally drop on this particular itinerary, then hopefully we'll bank some savings down the road.

Your reply is greatly appreciated!

Archived