Loyalty programs and internet access

GeorgeL

Just came back from the cruise on Princess. While there discovered that their customers get unlimited free internet access just after 5 cruises. On Celebrity we get 10 min. This is pretty bad considering that Celebrity no longer offering unlimited access in the cabin for $100 / cruise on M-class ships (I used it several times in the past). I hope that someone from Celebrity is reading this and consider to offer better then 10 free internet minutes for Elite members.

Of course, lots of things are better on Celebrity then Princess, but not all of them. For example, the buffet selection and availability on Princess beats any Celebrity ship. Fresh water pools are also a plus there. I usually need to spend an hour or two a day to keep up with the things in the office and if I need to pay for this per minute I may sacrifice on other things and go on Princess next time. Just in case got couple of those open booking deposits good for four years with them.

George

George, I mean this in the most sincere nonjudgmental way.....i also maybe should mention I have a suttle, dark sence of humor so please do not take offense at what I have to say:

I have been reading and posting on these boards for a year and a half and after some months of being gone I returned a few days ago. Just yesterday I told someone everything was pretty much the same, you know BTDT.........I spoke to soon.

With all of the dfferences in ships and lines I do believe your post is the first I have ever read that mentions internet access as a reason to sail one line over the other.......:D

get the free Net access.

Just came back from the cruise on Princess. While there discovered that their customers get unlimited free internet access just after 5 cruises. On Celebrity we get 10 min. This is pretty bad considering that Celebrity no longer offering unlimited access in the cabin for $100 / cruise on M-class ships (I used it several times in the past). I hope that someone from Celebrity is reading this and consider to offer better then 10 free internet minutes for Elite members.

Of course, lots of things are better on Celebrity then Princess, but not all of them. For example, the buffet selection and availability on Princess beats any Celebrity ship. Fresh water pools are also a plus there. I usually need to spend an hour or two a day to keep up with the things in the office and if I need to pay for this per minute I may sacrifice on other things and go on Princess next time. Just in case got couple of those open booking deposits good for four years with them.

George

Well, free internet is just one of the factors. Celebrity went down on things here and there over the years (I sailed 15 times with them), but they are still pretty good. I just feel that their loyality program should at least be matching their competition. By the way, Princess sells a minute of internet for 35 cents, I remember last year on Celebrity it was double of that.

• 2 weeks later...
With all of the dfferences in ships and lines I do believe your post is the first I have ever read that mentions internet access as a reason to sail one line over the other.......:D

Well, let mine be the second. When you run your own business that does not stop because you cruise, and you cruise quite a bit, you become VERY familiar with the ship's internet access, fax capability, and your cell phone availability and cost in every port. It's a fact of life for us. We just took two Princess cruises to ensure that we will have free internet on Princess for a 29 night cruise we are taking with them next spring. Not that we didn't enjoy the cruises - we did, very much - but we specifically chose Princess to get to the Platinum level before next year.

Princess has the most valuable loyalty program benefits, but Celebrity provides more on-board recognition and events for frequent cruisers.

Archived