storage/carseat for 3 year old @ coral world st t & stkitts

swymnwymn1

I have read thread after thread and can't seem to find an answer. Sorry if this has been asked already and I missed it.

We are planning a trip to coral world/coki beach in St. thomas. WIll need to find a cab with seatbelt for carseat. Papa bear is booked. :( Can we hope to find a regular cab with carseat upon? What can we do with carseat at coral world - any ideas? It is HUGE.

Have same dilemma for St. Kitts. Thinking of train tour or trip to Marriott for the day. On train - what would we do with car seat? Any experienced moms (or dads) out there who can give us some great tips? Assume we could check it in with front desk at Marriott if we did daypass. Hoping can find a cab - again with seatbelt.

This will be our first cruise with a carseat. Help! :)

Email Coral World and ask them ;) Here....

info@coralworldvi.com

We had a travel seat that hooked to the stroller when we went, so the seat went with us. Maybe they have lockers. I can't remember, it's been a while. Maybe they will let you sit the car seat somewhere.

So try the email and see if they get back to you. I haven't been to St.Kitts yet so I can't help ya with that one. Sorry

If you do the train at St. Kitts, you will not need the carseat, although you can take it if you want to. I did the later tour, so the bus ride was first, small buses, two seats one side, one on the other. I think they may have had seatbelts. When you get to the train, there is family seating downstairs, with picture windows. Upstairs there is a bench that goes all around the car. The bus you get on determines what car you are in on the train. In this case, it was good to be at the end of the line. Last bus, last car. Great views. I never really saw the downstairs, just went down the steps to use the restroom. Drinks were included, unlimited. Google the sugar Train St. Kitts. EM

were not big enough for a standard car seat, you might fit a Radian in because it can be folded. There were no more lockers available when we got to Coral World, so that's another snag. I would echo bringing a small umbrella stroller to push it around, or one of those things that turns your car seat into a stroller. For the beach I would just carry it to the spot. Have you thought of jsut leaving it in the vehicle that brings you there? We were there in January and for the 2.5 hrs we were there I'm fairly certain the vehicles stayed too, as it was a 30 min ride from the ship.

FYI I did see lots of vehicles that could be used to properly install a car seat, but you may need to search a bit amongst the cabs. I don't know how many had LATCH, so if I were you I would be well practiced on installing with a seatbelt. The seatbelts should have automatic locking retractors, but tuck away a locking clip just in case...unless you have a Britax and then you're set!

We have asked.....our TA shore excursion provider cannot give info on vehicles used in St. Thomas until day of, and papa bear is booked and person he referred us to cannot accommodate car seats....so we will probably just have to wing it and hope to get a cab with car seat to Coral World. Will just figure out storage there or take turns watching it or maybe tip person working at desk to watch or be lucky like the last reply (thanks) and see if it can just stay in the vehicle waiting for us. Anyone with good experience with certain tour operator/drivers in St. Thomas who we could arrange with ahead of time would be fabulous.

St. Kitts will probably take a cab to Cockleshell; will have to wing it and hope to get a seatbelt in there.

We have a Britax M. which is quite large....but I would not consider traveling without it.

Archived