Water Slide Height Requirement

cohollywood

How strict is Carnival with the 42" height requirement on the water slide? Is there someone there measuring all the time? My son is right about 41" and I know he would love to go on the slide. He's just short. Bad genes. :p

Do they ever let a parent go down with a kid? We'll be on Glory if it matters.

Thanks!

They are pretty strict and they do not allow a parent to go down with the child. If he is only 1" too short just practice having him stand up really straight and tall. Hey, spike his hair up a little bit too! LOL He may have a shot.

Last thing they want is anyone to get hurt. Their number 1 priority is your safety (even if it's not someone elses number 1 priority)

Or, it could be that safety is NOT their number 1 priority but liability and lawsuits are, therefore, they are still very strict.

Yes, strict, and they have a line on a board to measure. They also say you have to be able to swim even though some of the slides don't empty into a pool. I asked nicely if I could go down with DD and they said sorry no. It was understandable but still worth a shot I thought.

They are strict. Last July, on the Destiny, they would not let my daughter on. At the doctor's office they had said she was 42" but when they measured her on the ship, she didn't quite hit the line. Her older brother was more upset than she was because he had finally convinced her to go on and then she got turned away.

They were VERY strict on the Inspiration in October. One sweet little boy was maybe 1/2 or 1/4" too short. His spiked hair made the measurement. But, the guard at the slide ran their hand through the boy's hair to make sure he was past the line on the board.

Archived