VISA Points for a Balcony?

We have enough points on our RCI VISA card for 2 Caribbean cruises. It looks like the cabins are oceanview. Does anyone know if it's possible to use our points to get the free cruise but upgrade to a balcony?

Yes you can upgrade by paying the difference.

For additional information here is the number to the RCI Coupon Redemption Center 1-888-305-4626

We have enough points on our RCI VISA card for 2 Caribbean cruises. It looks like the cabins are oceanview. Does anyone know if it's possible to use our points to get the free cruise but upgrade to a balcony?

Not sure if you are willing to answer, but how many points is that? How much did you have to spend to earn those points?

I am considering getting an RCCL VISA. If you cannot answer, I understand.

Thanks!

Not sure if you are willing to answer, but how many points is that? How much did you have to spend to earn those points?

Thanks!

Just go to the RCI website and in the banner across the top click on Deals & Gifts then Royal Caribbean Visa Card.

It will tell you exactly how many points are needed for what.

We have done this several times. The voucher has a Max value. They credit you the price of the least expensive balcony room. You can use that dollar amount to apply to any room you want (but not less than that price). Watch fare drops. It took some time on the phone with supervisors but I was even able to get.money back when the price dropped. We have since switched cards and can still cruise rccl but earn credits for any vacation much faster

We have done this several times. The voucher has a Max value. They credit you the price of the least expensive balcony room. You can use that dollar amount to apply to any room you want (but not less than that price). Watch fare drops. It took some time on the phone with supervisors but I was even able to get.money back when the price dropped. We have since switched cards and can still cruise rccl but earn credits for any vacation much faster

What did you switch too?

We do this all the time. Book what you want - example a balcony. Then cash in points to apply to the price. If you do a buy one/get one you will get the value on the minimum avail OV as of the date you book and you pay the difference b/t your balcony and the OV

Thanks!

We have about 135,000 points. We used the card for everything and didn't redeem the points for about 4 years, so we've had it for a long time. We aren't sure what cruise we'll go on next, but we're going to use the points.

Thanks everyone for your help.

We have about 135,000 points. We used the card for everything and didn't redeem the points for about 4 years, so we've had it for a long time. We aren't sure what cruise we'll go on next, but we're going to use the points.

Thanks everyone for your help.

just a suggestion, if you haven't been to alaska, us it for that because you have to pay airfare to alaska and it would be nice if cruise were free :)

Couple more questions if you all don't mind. We just got this card and are looking at the best way to spend the points.

First, are there any restrictions (beyond the Christmas and New Years and max value) I should be aware of? For example, if we aimed to go on the Oasis during prime summer months would we be able to, provided rooms were available?

Secondly, can anyone tell me what the free "companion fare" is? I can't seem to find an explanation anywhere?

Archived